Certificate Not Found

buleriachk

Question

I did a brand new install of Creator 8 (downloadable) on my computer (newly formatted hard drive) I also have an ATI 9700 graphics card. When I try to run any of the modules, I get a "Certificate not found" error.

Note: all users, system, and adminitstrator have full permissions. I can't find DAO (do I unregister it, delete it, what? Any other ideas?

WTF????

Also, when I try to Ask Roxanne, I keep getting asked for my emoail and password. (I am already logged in to support). I enter the code, and it keeps telling me my password is not correct (even though I am logged in), and will not prompt me for a "forgotten password.")

Man, Roxio support is WORSE THAN DELL. ROXIO, ARE YOU LISTENING?

(sorry for the caps, guys, but Roxio support sucks big time, especially with this product.)

3 answers to this question

Hi, Neil,

Thanks for the reply.

The only module that wouldn't work (as near as I could tell) was the MyDVD module - DVD project creation.

The other modules seemed to work.

Ok, I got MyDVD working. Here's what I did.

Preliminary

===================================

I logged off my user account, went into safe mode, logged on as administrator, and logged out.

(I read somewhere that you have to log in as administrator at least once, and I had just reconstituted my hard drive. In WinXP, that requires safe mode) I then logged onto my user account (which is a member of the administrator group, and has all privileges)

=============================

1. Removed both EMC8 and Content using Add/Remove programs.

2. Ran RoxioZap (probably doesn't apply, but did it anyway)

3. Ran the Windows Cleanup Utility

4. Rebooted

5. Turned off Norton AntiVirus and Norton Password (these might have been the issue)

6. Installed EMC8 from the download package (no installation errors this time)

7. Rebooted (as required)

8. Checked MyDVD - (worked!)

9. Installed EMC8 Content.

10; ReChecked MyDVD (still working)

(But I stll can't log into Technical Support - of course, I don't need it now...)

Hey, it is 2:00 AM - I'm going to bed...........:-)

Best Regards,

Chuck

I did a brand new install of Creator 8 (downloadable) on my computer (newly formatted hard drive) I also have an ATI 9700 graphics card. When I try to run any of the modules, I get a "Certificate not found" error.

Note: all users, system, and adminitstrator have full permissions. I can't find DAO (do I unregister it, delete it, what? Any other ideas?

WTF????

Also, when I try to Ask Roxanne, I keep getting asked for my emoail and password. (I am already logged in to support). I enter the code, and it keeps telling me my password is not correct (even though I am logged in), and will not prompt me for a "forgotten password.")

Man, Roxio support is WORSE THAN DELL. ROXIO, ARE YOU LISTENING?

(sorry for the caps, guys, but Roxio support sucks big time, especially with this product.)

Hi buleriachk,

You will need to login with the username and password you used when you bourt the software, normaly that is your email and not this username, as these boards dont currently share the security data.

Try these ....

1. you can only run EMC8 currently in Local administator account, and unless the other accounts are full administators then this will be a main part of your issue.

2. you need to make sure that you have the correct system specs to run this programe, Service pack 2 and the latist DirectX ect...

3. Make sure the time on the computer is correct as well.

4. Only un-install the DAO if you get the DAO errors, refur to this link if you do.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=2334

Just for your info, this site is provided by them but not run by them, we are all users here ( Just like you) and other than the odd vist they don't look at your post here, except maybe Patrick.

So if you have issues with the company Roxio then direct your anger at them from the contacts link to the left of this page.

Also can you add info on your computer system like you see on mine as this helps others try to solve your issues.

Hope these help, let us know what happened

Archived