blueparadise

Can't Access Files After Restore, Help!

Question

I recently used the roxio easy media creator9 feature for the backup mypc version 7. Got 4 disks burned, 3 dvd and 1 cd. I reformatted my computer to return it to factory settings and reinstalled roxio emc9. After I used the restore feature from the backup program, I could not access my documents or settings. I keep getting an "access denied" message. I need help! I have lots of documents and digital pictures i can't replace. How can i get my information off the disk without losing access to my computer?

Edited by blueparadise

5 answers to this question

Not following this???

You did or did not get them restored?

WHAT is denying you access?

Jim, we've seen this before the files get restored, but you can't access them on the HD... it's a Windows permissions thing, but I don't recall exactly what the solution was, nor do I have time at the moment to search. There is a solution, once we find it again.

Edited by d_deweywright

Thank you for the sites Trbwst. The permission on the folders were preventing me from accessing the information. I don't know if i might help others, but I found that during the reformat of my computer, the safe mode was disabled/unaccessable. I had to run the built in PC recovery program for my windows xp to gain access to the safe mode. Hope no one else had as much problems as i did, but thank you again for the help!