Mp3 Cd Creation Issues

jmcnelis

Question

I am using EMC8, trying to create MP3 CDs with Music Disc Creator. All the track names are shown before I burn, but when I play the CD, not all the tracks are played. I thought that this may have been an issue with my car stereo (which plays MP3 CDs,) but when I put one of the CDs in my PC, I noticed that not all the tracks were burned to the CD in the first place, even though they were listed in the project. When I switched from Joliet to ISO 9660, some of those tracks were burned, but different ones were skipped. Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Well like you, I had problems burning mp3s to a cd. I'm not sure exactly what is causing the pre-mature buffer flush and disk close on my system, but I narrowed it down to a folder containg mp3s. If that folder was on the top of the project's list it would not burn anything. If it was in the middle, it would burn up to the bad folder than quit. If I took only the mp3s from that folder and drag n drop them in a untitled folder in the project, EC8 would work fine. So what files could it be in that folder... I went through 9 cds (coasters now) to narrow it down to that bad folder, and Im starting to run low on cds, so I'll just name some of the extensions of the files that can be causing the problem. Let me know if this helps and if you found out which file was the actual problem.

Files in bad folder:

.mp3

.m3u

.sfv

.nfo

.jpg

good luck and hoped this helped.

I am using EMC8, trying to create MP3 CDs with Music Disc Creator. All the track names are shown before I burn, but when I play the CD, not all the tracks are played. I thought that this may have been an issue with my car stereo (which plays MP3 CDs,) but when I put one of the CDs in my PC, I noticed that not all the tracks were burned to the CD in the first place, even though they were listed in the project. When I switched from Joliet to ISO 9660, some of those tracks were burned, but different ones were skipped. Any ideas?

Archived