• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project Too Big For Blu-ray Dual Layer 50gb

Geert eer

Question

DVDit Pro 6.4 - Project blu-ray dual layer 50GB

After transcoding for 20 hours I get the message:

Project is too big: Retry - Cancel

At the bottom left of the screen: 5,31 GB remaining.

Original movies are in HDV 1440x1080i PAL

Video encoding CBR 25000 kbps

Audio Dolby digital 384 kbps

Burning: writing volume to hard disc

All the files together in the temporary storage directories are 40.5 GB (43,548,150,688 bytes)

I have 749 GB free space on my hard disc.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance

Geert Geerits

Edited by Geert eer

not sure why you are seeing that. why don't you replace the assets in this project with the ones in the temp directory and burn again. should be no transcoding, so should be much quicker. next time it might best to output a volume or an image first and then burn from that.

not sure why you are seeing that. why don't you replace the assets in this project with the ones in the temp directory and burn again. should be no transcoding, so should be much quicker. next time it might best to output a volume or an image first and then burn from that.

I did replace the assets in the project,

I did the output to a volume and an image.

But I get the same message: Project size is too big.

This happens when de program is creating links.

I have an other blu-ray dual layer project with 15.33 GB remaining, this is burning just fine.

So there must be a sort of bug in the program.

Hope this can be solved.

When it is solved can you mail me the update?

Thanks in advance,

Geert Geerits

ggeerits@hotmail.com

Edited by Geert eer

so how big did the project with 15.33 GB left in the budget estimator wind up being on disc? and how big is the resulting image that you tried to burn to BD-50 disc which would not fit?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer.

The project with 15.33 GB left, the resulting volume is 33 GB (35,497,362,940 bytes).

After that, I burned the volume with CyberLink Power2Go and the Sony BWU-200S burner to a 50 GB Blu-Ray dual-layer disk from Sony.

It plays verry well on my Playstation 3.

For the project that was too big, the image was never maded, after the message "too big" the making of the image was canceled.

Geert Geerits

Geert, I need to understand your process better...

sounds like the first time you tried to output a disc and got a failure. the second and third time you tried to output a volume and image and got a failure? so then that would have nothing to do with space on disc, just with ability to create the larger volume or image on your hard drive. So you have a huge hard drive. are there any limitations to how much can be written to your temp directory?

Geert, I need to understand your process better...

sounds like the first time you tried to output a disc and got a failure.

Not correct, I never output to a disc, I always output to a volume, so that I can test it first.

the second and third time you tried to output a volume and image and got a failure?

Correct

so then that would have nothing to do with space on disc, just with ability to create the larger volume or image on your hard drive.

So you have a huge hard drive.

Correct: I have 3x1TB hard drives (C: 388GB free - N: 749GB free - M: 255GB free)

all NTFS formatted.

drive M and N are external eSATA drives.

are there any limitations to how much can be written to your temp directory?

No, there are no limitations, my temp directory is on C:

I output the volume to drive N:

Geert Geerits

Edited by Geert eer

and if you temporarily change your temp directory over to Drive N and output both the project and temp directory on the 749gb drive do you still have the issue?

Hi Scott,

I changed the temp directory to drive N, the output also to N.

Same problem.

I got the message 'Project size too big' when the burning window showed: 'writing volume'.

Geert Geerits

hmmf. odd. I don't have a huge asset lying around to test with so I took a 2.7 GB MPEG-2 file and dragged it into the titles section enough times until there was 5.49 GB of space shown as available (out of 50GB) on the estimator. I put my temp directory and project directory on a drive with 395 GB available and it is chugging away at making a 50GB BD-RE image. I have no menus in this project. You said your process stops at "creating links". mine has cruised past that point. do you have a lot of motion menus in your project? do you have a big slideshow? could be very likely that we might underestimate those.

Where does one download an update to V6.4? The V6.3 I have does not support dual-layer BD.

I have asked about how to obtain updates in a separate thread that's still on the first page, and despite 167 reads, there hasn't been one response.

hmmf. odd. I don't have a huge asset lying around to test with so I took a 2.7 GB MPEG-2 file and dragged it into the titles section enough times until there was 5.49 GB of space shown as available (out of 50GB) on the estimator. I put my temp directory and project directory on a drive with 395 GB available and it is chugging away at making a 50GB BD-RE image. I have no menus in this project. You said your process stops at "creating links". mine has cruised past that point. do you have a lot of motion menus in your project? do you have a big slideshow? could be very likely that we might underestimate those.

I have 1 main menu with 3 submenus.

The first and second submenu has each 6 links, the third submenu has 3 links.

All four menus are motion menus.

Last night I burned a volume to a DVD dual layer from the same project, no problems here.

Next week, I'm going to rebuild the project from scratch and see wath happens.

I'll keep you informed.

Geert Geerits

I have 1 main menu with 3 submenus.

The first and second submenu has each 6 links, the third submenu has 3 links.

All four menus are motion menus.

Last night I burned a volume to a DVD dual layer from the same project, no problems here.

Next week, I'm going to rebuild the project from scratch and see wath happens.

I'll keep you informed.

Geert Geerits

After rebuilding and rerendering the project I got the same message:

In the Burning window - Writing Volume - Project size is too big!

There is 5.95 GB remaining (bottom left of the DVDit Pro HD)

The Project Settings window shows: Size on DVD: 44.05 GB

The render directory is 40.1 GB

Geert Geerits

Yes, 40 GB, but you are not including your motion menus which is at least another 3 GB. Total of a disc is actually 47GB. not sure why 43 won't work. So what happens if you do 24000 kbs instead of 25000 kbs? I know they will be extremely long tests, but I bet it will work.

Yes, 40 GB, but you are not including your motion menus which is at least another 3 GB. Total of a disc is actually 47GB. not sure why 43 won't work. So what happens if you do 24000 kbs instead of 25000 kbs? I know they will be extremely long tests, but I bet it will work.

Hi Scott,

There are a total of 4 motion menus, the rest are static menus.

When I look in the render Split directory they are each 89,5 MB, this is a total of 358 MB, this is included in the 40 GB.

But tonight I will try it with 24000 kbs.

Geert Geerits

Hi Scott,

Still the same error at 24000 kbs.

In the Burning window - Writing Volume - Project size is too big!

There is 7.68 GB remaining (bottom left of the DVDit Pro HD)

The Project Settings window shows: Size on DVD: 42.32 GB

The render directory is 38.6 GB

There must be some kind of bug in the program.

Geert Geerits

We'll check it out Geert. sorry to jump you through so many hoops.

Scott

Hi any update to this as I have just purchased dvdit pro hd,

system specs

vista 64 home edition

4 gb ddr2

intel Q9300

drive c 500gb

drive d 500gb

drive v 1TB

LG bluray burner

Got the same problem, after eventually finding a mpeg compliant file (elementry stream as i never use anything else) i wanted to produce a bluray disc of one

of the recent shows I had filmed.

The dvd version was produced on two discs as the show ran for 2 hrs 30 mins so i purchased a 50gb sony bluray disc and started to build the project.

It all seemed to fit as dvdit said the disc was something like 35gb ...but tried to burn and it said too big!

I then started again but only imported one show...13gb..same problem too big.

My other question is how do i get an AVC compliant file in as the warning tells me it may not be compliant with dvd and bluray forcing me to use mpeg.

I have read the help files but they dont really solve problem as they dont give enough info about maximum bit rates etc

hope you can help :blink:

Thanks john

Hi any update to this as I have just purchased dvdit pro hd,

system specs

vista 64 home edition

4 gb ddr2

intel Q9300

drive c 500gb

drive d 500gb

drive v 1TB

LG bluray burner

Got the same problem, after eventually finding a mpeg compliant file (elementry stream as i never use anything else) i wanted to produce a bluray disc of one

of the recent shows I had filmed.

The dvd version was produced on two discs as the show ran for 2 hrs 30 mins so i purchased a 50gb sony bluray disc and started to build the project.

It all seemed to fit as dvdit said the disc was something like 35gb ...but tried to burn and it said too big!

I then started again but only imported one show...13gb..same problem too big.

My other question is how do i get an AVC compliant file in as the warning tells me it may not be compliant with dvd and bluray forcing me to use mpeg.

I have read the help files but they dont really solve problem as they dont give enough info about maximum bit rates etc

hope you can help :blink:

Thanks john

May have solved the problem, this morning i deleated all the old saved files on my c drive , rebuilt then succesfully created an image file!

but then tried to burn a 50gb BR disc to discover same problem. after research, updating lg burner firmware etc it would appear that the sony BD-RDL 50GB disc i just purchased ( at some expense) is version 1.1 , didnt even know there was a version 1. :blink: so could this be the problem,wont know until i get hold of a new disc version.1.2 or whatever. :rolleyes:

Hi!

I get the same message when trying to output a Blu-Ray with 20GB video to harddisk. Menu without motion, bottom of the program says "700 MB free". But I geht the message "Project size too big". If this message would be a little bit more specific, the problem would be solved in a few minutes.

I like this program. It's very easy to use and to learn, but messages like these are very unpleasant.

To create a compliant video stream with third party applications would be a lot more easier it the programm would give a little more information to its users.

what kind of video are you feeding the app? did you try to reduce the bitrate in the HD transcoding tab in the project settings?

Scott

Hi!

I get the same message when trying to output a Blu-Ray with 20GB video to harddisk. Menu without motion, bottom of the program says "700 MB free". But I geht the message "Project size too big". If this message would be a little bit more specific, the problem would be solved in a few minutes.

I like this program. It's very easy to use and to learn, but messages like these are very unpleasant.

To create a compliant video stream with third party applications would be a lot more easier it the programm would give a little more information to its users.

Trying to write volume for a Dual Layer Blu-Ray and getting same message.

We have burned over 150 Blu-Rays with current work flow, however this one project busted the 25GB limit so we switched to a dual layer disc.

In the space calculator it claims I have 24.69 GB Free on a DL disc.

We are using a compliant MPEG-2 video file.

AIFF Audio file transcodes.

Creating links and get Project too big error message.

Using a very simple menu (no motion) with one button that links to a single movie.

Temp drive has 1TB (set in DVDit pro HD), system drive has 20GB free.

Going to try to free up space on the system drive and try again.

I have allready replaced the media files, deleted temp files, rebooted machine, and have crashed 4 times with same error message.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Don

Hi

I have exactly the same problem like Dontronics.

If the Project is bigger than a single layer Blueray I have always the message: "The project size is too big!"

I tested all kind of MPEGs, but this is an error from DVDit Pro HD!

BD Dual Layer Disc is not possible with Files which are bigger than single Layer.

I testet with three PCs (vista and xp) but no chance.

Scott, I hope you can help us shortly.

Thanks Aendu