Possible Website Design Program Compatibility W Emc10

title

Question

Hi iI'm looking for a possible website designing program wc will allow me to use the EMC 10 movies I created in a website- any suggestions? please:unsure: :unsure::unsure::unsure:

i own a notebook using VISTA Home premium with hard disk space 145 of 225 GB free

OS:Windows Vista Home Premium, v 6,0,hp dv 6648se, x86-based PC, BIOS v 2.4,total physical memory 2037.81 MB, available physical memory 721.73,MB, total virtual memory 4.18GB, available virtual memory , 145 of 225 GB free local disk space

i forgot my sysrem info

8 answers to this question

Microsoft provides several free "Express" developement tools. One of them is Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition which can be downloaded here. However, depending on what plans you have for the website in the future, it might be overkill. The applications provided by the hosting provider are usually more user friendly with a smaller learning curve but are more limited as a result. Since Visual Web Developer is a free download, might want to give it a try.
Will this be compatible w EMC 10 (my DVD 10) movies file...what file types can I upload?Thx!

Will this be compatible w EMC 10 (my DVD 10) movies file...what file types can I upload?Thx!

You probably wouldn't want to use the files you create for your DVDs as the same files for your website. These files will be .mpg and generally will be too large for visitors to wait to download.

There are a few other formats to use video on a website. Steve's suggestion to use Flash files is the ideal method.

You can also output your videos to a .wmv file from VideoWave and upload that file to your server. Anyone with Windows Media Player should be able to access it. Depending on the original though, these may be very large files, and will take visitors a while to download unless they have high-speed access.

Another way is to upload your video to youtube or one of its variants and then embed it into your web page. That's probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

You probably wouldn't want to use the files you create for your DVDs as the same files for your website. These files will be .mpg and generally will be too large for visitors to wait to download.

There are a few other formats to use video on a website. Steve's suggestion to use Flash files is the ideal method.

You can also output your videos to a .wmv file from VideoWave and upload that file to your server. Anyone with Windows Media Player should be able to access it. Depending on the original though, these may be very large files, and will take visitors a while to download unless they have high-speed access.

Another way is to upload your video to youtube or one of its variants and then embed it into your web page. That's probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

how go you output the videowave dmsm file into a wav file?

THX!

how go you output the videowave dmsm file into a wav file?

THX!

File > Output As > Email.

Pick a WMV file Quality from the Drop Down, give it a name, browse to a folder to save it in, click Create Video File.

Hi iI'm looking for a possible website designing program wc will allow me to use the EMC 10 movies I created in a website- any suggestions? please:unsure: :unsure::unsure::unsure:

i own a notebook using VISTA Home premium with hard disk space 145 of 225 GB free

OS:Windows Vista Home Premium, v 6,0,hp dv 6648se, x86-based PC, BIOS v 2.4,total physical memory 2037.81 MB, available physical memory 721.73,MB, total virtual memory 4.18GB, available virtual memory , 145 of 225 GB free local disk space

i forgot my sysrem info

Use the one provided by your internet hosting company; others are very expensive.

Convert your videos to flash format. I got a free copy of Camtasia Studio off the internet several months ago. It may still be posted somewhere. Again Google for it; it was not at the Tech Smith site buy they had a freebie to entice you to upgrade to the latest version.

i forgot my sysrem info

Microsoft provides several free "Express" developement tools. One of them is Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition which can be downloaded here. However, depending on what plans you have for the website in the future, it might be overkill. The applications provided by the hosting provider are usually more user friendly with a smaller learning curve but are more limited as a result. Since Visual Web Developer is a free download, might want to give it a try.

Karri's replies have provided excellent information that I can not add anything to. By the way, if you check out many of Karri's post you will find much creativity in her activities. Rather than the one or two lines hit and run posts of many that serves little or no purpose, her posts are full of useful information on how to do creative things with EMC10.

Karri's replies have provided excellent information that I can not add anything to. By the way, if you check out many of Karri's post you will find much creativity in her activities. Rather than the one or two lines hit and run posts of many that serves little or no purpose, her posts are full of useful information on how to do creative things with EMC10.

Thanks for the lovely compliment, who are you :) EMC has actually been a fun learning curve for me, and posting here is a great opportunity to share that knowledge with others.

But I have to give credit where it's due. I wouldn't have half of my EMC knowledge without having read these boards. The information provided here by the gurus and other experienced users really got me up to speed quickly (and I am still learning). Sometimes the information in just a couple of sentences can lead to other posts, give another idea to go on, cause a light bulb to go off, and so forth (not to mention the wealth of in-depth information contributed here).

Thanks again :)

karri

Archived