Sign in to follow this  
roman11

Photo Show 5

Question

My last PhotoShow that I created for a school project contained about 350 pics with clip art, text, and music. After burning the DVD, I played the disk on the TV. About one-fourth through the presentation the music stopped, yet the pics continued. This also happened last year, so the advice from the customer service people was to change the song, The First Noel, to another choice. With that done, the show continued, yet the show paused once again. The song was changed as suggested, which then created a successful DVD with the majority of the DVD's burning in the correct manner. Some though would pause the music and the pic, yet after about 30 seconds start-up again.

Since no one in the customer service department will respond to my question even though I have a so called "ticket" number...

has the problem of one song working over another happened to anyone else? If so, then how do you know which songs to use? The program even was reinstalled which did not seem to matter one way or another.

Any suggestions???

5 answers to this question

My last PhotoShow that I created for a school project contained about 350 pics with clip art, text, and music. After burning the DVD, I played the disk on the TV. About one-fourth through the presentation the music stopped, yet the pics continued. This also happened last year, so the advice from the customer service people was to change the song, The First Noel, to another choice. With that done, the show continued, yet the show paused once again. The song was changed as suggested, which then created a successful DVD with the majority of the DVD's burning in the correct manner. Some though would pause the music and the pic, yet after about 30 seconds start-up again.

Since no one in the customer service department will respond to my question even though I have a so called "ticket" number...

has the problem of one song working over another happened to anyone else? If so, then how do you know which songs to use? The program even was reinstalled which did not seem to matter one way or another.

Any suggestions???

Which version of windows are you currently using?

Which title, version and build of our software are you using? To find out, open PhotoShow and click on the 'About' or 'Credits' link on the Main Menu screen. Then look at the lower right hand corner of the credits screen to find out the version and build number that you have installed. Let me know what you discover.

System is XP

Version is 5.0.3

Build number is 2046

The other problem that seems to occur is the following: In the final stages of burning an error message will appear - libxml2.dll - unable to locate component - Once the OK button is clicked the burning will continue. The final process will then take about 10 minutes to finish. This occurred on two computers both operating on the XP system.

What gives with that? Do I have the lib... error fixed as people on-line suggest? One entry indicated to leave it alone? Is the error message dealing with the program?

Any suggestions would also help.

System is XP

Version is 5.0.3

Build number is 2046

The other problem that seems to occur is the following: In the final stages of burning an error message will appear - libxml2.dll - unable to locate component - Once the OK button is clicked the burning will continue. The final process will then take about 10 minutes to finish. This occurred on two computers both operating on the XP system.

What gives with that? Do I have the lib... error fixed as people on-line suggest? One entry indicated to leave it alone? Is the error message dealing with the program?

Any suggestions would also help.

The missing dll file is not a common error. However, most users do not have a problem after clicking OK to dismiss the notice. If this persists, you can try to reinstall the program. This may restore the dll file or help PhotoShow find the file again.

The missing dll file is not a common error. However, most users do not have a problem after clicking OK to dismiss the notice. If this persists, you can try to reinstall the program. This may restore the dll file or help PhotoShow find the file again.

Well, the Photo Show program was reinstalled on both computers thinking that the lib... would be taked care of. Unfortunately that did not happen!!! After the reinstall the lib... returned.

So back to the music problem. What gives? You asked for the ID information, yet did not return to the initial problem of the songs stopping. What suggestion do you have for that problem?????

Well, the Photo Show program was reinstalled on both computers thinking that the lib... would be taked care of. Unfortunately that did not happen!!! After the reinstall the lib... returned.

So back to the music problem. What gives? You asked for the ID information, yet did not return to the initial problem of the songs stopping. What suggestion do you have for that problem?????

It is very rare for this problem to persist after reinstalling. If your version number still shows 5.0.3 build 2046, you will have to reinstall from the website. If you do not know your login information for the download page you can contact support for the appropriate link.

If the problem still persists, the solution would be too specific for this topic. Support could provide a specific solution.