Help Needed With Dvd Builder In Roxio Version 6

ryanwl

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping that someone can help me out. I recently downloaded approx. 8 gigs worth of VOB files that I'd now like to burn into a DVD. I'm using the DVD builder that came bundled with Easy CD and DVD Creator Version 6 but am confused about how to import my VOB files onto the DVD. When I go to the "import files" screen and call up my list of VOB files, they show up as taking up over 20 gigabytes of space even though I know that in reality they take up less than half of this space. Is there something that I need to do with these files first in order to prep them for burning to a DVD? Or, is there something else that I should be doing with the DVD builder in order to import these files and add them to my disc? I'm pretty much floundering here : ) So any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RWL

ps. Yes, I did consult the online help (Roxanne) as well as the tutorial that came with the program...no help there, though.

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping that someone can help me out. I recently downloaded approx. 8 gigs worth of VOB files that I'd now like to burn into a DVD. I'm using the DVD builder that came bundled with Easy CD and DVD Creator Version 6 but am confused about how to import my VOB files onto the DVD. When I go to the "import files" screen and call up my list of VOB files, they show up as taking up over 20 gigabytes of space even though I know that in reality they take up less than half of this space. Is there something that I need to do with these files first in order to prep them for burning to a DVD? Or, is there something else that I should be doing with the DVD builder in order to import these files and add them to my disc? I'm pretty much floundering here : ) So any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

RWL

ps. Yes, I did consult the online help (Roxanne) as well as the tutorial that came with the program...no help there, though.

It is not going to work for you using V6. Video size is based on time and encoding rate meaning file size is a useless comparison.

The files you have are highly compressed and V6 is going to re-render them. No workaround.

With V8 you might have a chance but it can still be a problem there.

It is not going to work for you using V6. Video size is based on time and encoding rate meaning file size is a useless comparison.

The files you have are highly compressed and V6 is going to re-render them. No workaround.

With V8 you might have a chance but it can still be a problem there.

Of course, V.8 (like V.7 and V.7.5) needs WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4 (minimum) to work.

Would it work to burn the different files to different DVDs?

Lynn

Archived