sarbs

Data Disc Pc & Mac

Question

I have both a Mac and a PC so when I create a data disc, I pick the Mac & PC option. But when I put the created disc into my PC, the disc appears empty (I have my Windows settings such that even hidden files show up). I also tried creating a data disc and unchecking the Mac box, but again, the disc appears empty on my PC. The amount of used space on the disc is correct, but my PC does not list any files on it. My Mac is able to see any and all files on the disc. Is there anything I can do so that I can create discs that I can swap back and forth between my Mac and PC???

-josh

4 answers to this question

I've seen a some other posts mentioning this and I don't know why it's happening. Give DVD-ROM (UDF) format a try because it is readable on both Macs and PCs too. Maybe this is something Roxio needs to fix.

I've seen a some other posts mentioning this and I don't know why it's happening. Give DVD-ROM (UDF) format a try because it is readable on both Macs and PCs too. Maybe this is something Roxio needs to fix.

Hey, thanks a lot. I tried it and it worked. The files are read on both operating systems. I definitely think it's something Roxio needs to fix or at least address. Thanks again for the tip...

-josh

Guest ivanatrox
Hey, thanks a lot. I tried it and it worked. The files are read on both operating systems. I definitely think it's something Roxio needs to fix or at least address. Thanks again for the tip...

-josh

I can't duplicate the issue since the disc I burned show up fine on both Mac and PC. Maybe you can use a different PC to read that disc you burned and see if still has the same issue.

Ivan

I can't duplicate the issue since the disc I burned show up fine on both Mac and PC. Maybe you can use a different PC to read that disc you burned and see if still has the same issue.

Ivan

I'm glad I found this as I have the same problem. I have a Mac Pro with OSX 10.5.4 and Toast 9.0.2. I've been using Easy Media Creator on the PC for years, but am new to Toast on the Mac.

I tried the data (backup of various types of files) DVD I burned using the Mac & PC option on two different PCs running Windows XP SP2 and neither of them could see the disc's contents. It reads fine on the Mac. I'll try the DVD-ROM format (and why that versus ISO? Is that another option if the DVD-ROM format doesn't work?).