• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Title For Dvd

jmchipka

Question

I need help I have been all over the internet trying to solve a what I call simple problem, I think. I have transferred 8 mm movies (home movies) to DVD with no problem with a unit hooked to my TV. I finalize the tape, put in the computer and have no problem viewing it. Now I would like to add title to my DVD and also if possible, to edit. I need someone to direct me to a program (s) to do this. I do not want a complicated program to do all the other adding music, etc. Just add title and be able to then burn that DVD and give to family members. I think my problem is the DVD shows as Video_RM and Video_TS (have no idea what this is )

There are a whole bunch of programs on the internet but I have Roxio on my computer already and like it. However, I am not adverse to trying new programs.

Thanks to anyone who can help me. :)

jmc

6 answers to this question

sistercape is describing the Disc Label which has nothing to do with the OP's question.

As I recall she is correct but only if you burn from ISO. If you set the disc label in the program and burn directly to disc, the disc label will be correct. This problem only existed in V7.

You might try to use capture, make sure the disc is in the drive, click on capture and see what happens. I have tried that before and it worked just fine, then you can put that file in videowave and  burn to disc, it will come up in DVD Builder where you can make your menu.

You might try to use capture, make sure the disc is in the drive, click on capture and see what happens. I have tried that before and it worked just fine, then you can put that file in videowave and burn to disc, it will come up in DVD Builder where you can make your menu.

DVD Builder makes a nice menu but when you burn the disk itself will always be titled DVDBuilder. If you want the disc to have a custom title, you'll need another burning program. That may or may not be an issue for you. It bugged me when I read the disc on the computer

DVD Builder makes a nice menu but when you burn the disk itself will always be titled DVDBuilder. If you want the disc to have a custom title, you'll need another burning program. That may or may not be an issue for you. It bugged me when I read the disc on the computer

Sisterscape, are you talking about putting the video in videowave and then choose the DVD icon and make your menu there and then burn to disc? Why would  it work any different then when you start putting the project together in videowave and then take the same steps? What do you mean it is titled DVD Builder, when mine come up on the screen you see my menu with a button on it for the video. By the way you can edit the video while it is in Videowave, however, it will be re-encoded if you alter it.

Sisterscape, are you talking about putting the video in videowave and then choose the DVD icon and make your menu there and then burn to disc? Why would it work any different then when you start putting the project together in videowave and then take the same steps? What do you mean it is titled DVD Builder, when mine come up on the screen you see my menu with a button on it for the video. By the way you can edit the video while it is in Videowave, however, it will be re-encoded if you alter it.

I used to do my projects in Videowave. Save. Then in DVDBuilder - compile content (various video clips), create a menu, burn as ISO, burn to disc. No matter what the ISO file was named, the file title written to the disk was always DVDBuilder. It been so long since I've been in Windows (or EMC for that matter), I'm a little fuzzy but I do remember some frustration over this. The solution for me was to retitle the disk when I re-processed the ISO with DVDShrink or when I burned it with ImgBurn. I can't remember which of those apps allowed the file name on the actual disk to be customized but I do know it wasn't possible in EMC 7x.

You posted in the conference for Version 7. Is that actually the version you have? To check, open VideoWave and click on Help – About.

If the DVD is not copyrighted, it can be imported. If Media Import will not do it, then copying the vob files to your HD and changing the file extension to mpg should do the trick.

Otherwise it is treated just like any other source of video.

Archived