• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Reboot When Adding Third Video

zimmicky

Question

The fix posted for this problem does not work. You would think that with the number of posts on this problem, that Roxio would do somthing. I have tried ENDLESSLY to contact "support" to no avail.

Through much trial and error I have come with a solution that DOES solve this problem. From the start menu select control panel. Double click on add/remove programs. Scroll down to Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite. Click on "remove". Go to the store (online or brick) and buy somthing that works. I would suggest making sure that with whatever software you choose, you can actually contact the whatever support service is offered.

I sure wish that I could get my money back from this P.O.S.

12 answers to this question

That's ok Bruce, I like a good challenge. :)

If you go to buy.com, compusa.com, bestbuy.com or any other software dealer you can find almost anything you want to buy but what does that do to solve your problem. If you want some other program, go out and get it. This forum is not a place to discuss other software. You want help, ask for it and we'll try our best to work with you. Posts like this and from zimmicky get you both nowhere.

ba-bye!

When I saw this fix, It looked to be the usual "reload the latest drivers and reboot" waste of time that it was. Adding a third video file to the dvd build should have nothing to do with the video drivers.

I don't want to buy other software. I want this problem to be fixed.

When I saw this fix, It looked to be the usual "reload the latest drivers and reboot" waste of time that it was. Adding a third video file to the dvd build should have nothing to do with the video drivers.

If you really want the problem fixed and not just rant about how bad it is, provide some detail. System specs, type of files you are trying to add, how were those file generated (Videowave, some other editing program, capture without editing, etc.). If it was a problem with the software, everyone would be having the same problem. Just to illustrate what I mean, I just added 9 files (some DV AVI some MPEG) to MyDvd and it accepted all without rebooting. And as you can see from my system specs, I do not have a extremely high end system.

Hi,

Well, there is another thread going on about this issue and it's for sure that the suggested solution does not work for all. There is something weird in version 8.05 and I hope for all of us who are experiencing this issue that at one point in time we are going to be taken seriously. For now, switching to rendering in Software mode is the best work around I found.

To the more experienced users of this board: This is a weird problem and if you don't experience it, then it's easy to blame it on the outside world (drivers, DirectX version and so on), but if you are experiencing the problem, it's very annoying and irritating.

Martin

It's not that we're 'blaming' any particular thing. It is simple troubleshooting to eliminate those things that are the easiest to fix first. It's a simple fact that most people do not update their hardware drivers. Sonic/Roxio made a business decision when designing EMC8 that it require better video cards and/or DirectX support. This has caused problems with a lot of machines with integrated video/audio chipsets and their drivers which usually aren't updated like better devices. In the process of troubleshooting a problem, we need to eliminate the more obvious. I'm sure we sound like we repeat ourselves alot, but each machine is unique due to the unlimited combinations of hardware and software that can be installed. Prehaps Sonic/Roxio should have done what Adobe did with their recent releases and REQUIRE better hardware to run. That way, they wouldn't have to deal with low end machines at all.

We didn't gain our experience by never having any problems.

Sorry to hurt your feelings slick. If i got this program free i would do just that, but it wasnt free!! brand new out of the gate it didnt work, and now they want to charge me another $35 for help. I tried to contact Roxio online and nobodys home. If you looked further theres at least 5-6 pages of people having the exact same problem. And if they consider a HP amd 1 gig of ram 250 gig hard drive a low end system, then it should say so in their specs. dont you think. Oh the videos were imported via movie camera AVI, some were actually converted to mpeg using sonic 6. i even tried to import Roxio created videos and it still shuts down. its funny you can add all the videos you want in the quick create, and even edit in MYDVD. but its my low end machine thats the problem right.

Sorry to hurt your feelings slick. If i got this program free i would do just that, but it wasnt free!! brand new out of the gate it didnt work, and now they want to charge me another $35 for help. I tried to contact Roxio online and nobodys home. If you looked further theres at least 5-6 pages of people having the exact same problem. And if they consider a HP amd 1 gig of ram 250 gig hard drive a low end system, then it should say so in their specs. dont you think. Oh the videos were imported via movie camera AVI, some were actually converted to mpeg using sonic 6. i even tried to import Roxio created videos and it still shuts down. its funny you can add all the videos you want in the quick create, and even edit in MYDVD. but its my low end machine thats the problem right.

Slick? ROFLMAO! I read through this thread and only saw two posts from you. Not only did I not see your system specs listed in your first post, I did not see any post saying that YOU had a low end machine. Perhaps you could point me to the post that said that.

BTW, it is highly doubtful that tech support will charge you the $35. Give them a try.

Sorry to hurt YOUR fellings, slick. But it looks like keeping your system up-to-date does not hurt. See this post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4000

The fix posted for this problem does not work. You would think that with the number of posts on this problem, that Roxio would do somthing. I have tried ENDLESSLY to contact "support" to no avail.

Through much trial and error I have come with a solution that DOES solve this problem. From the start menu select control panel. Double click on add/remove programs. Scroll down to Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite. Click on "remove". Go to the store (online or brick) and buy somthing that works. I would suggest making sure that with whatever software you choose, you can actually contact the whatever support service is offered.

I sure wish that I could get my money back from this P.O.S.

You've not even asked for help here yet but if you post your system specs, maybe someone here might be able to offer some help.

Hey Paul. It looks like you got sandwiched. :):):huh:

That's ok Bruce, I like a good challenge. :D

I second that motion, i seen an add for ULEAD media creator with a free 30 trial. I have a couple other Ulead programs and they work great!!

If you go to buy.com, compusa.com, bestbuy.com or any other software dealer you can find almost anything you want to buy but what does that do to solve your problem. If you want some other program, go out and get it. This forum is not a place to discuss other software. You want help, ask for it and we'll try our best to work with you. Posts like this and from zimmicky get you both nowhere.

ba-bye!

It's not that we're 'blaming' any particular thing. It is simple troubleshooting to eliminate those things that are the easiest to fix first. It's a simple fact that most people do not update their hardware drivers. Sonic/Roxio .....

We didn't gain our experience by never having any problems.

I have Vaio PVC-RS430G with 1 gig memory. ATI Radeon 9600. Hundreds of gigs of DASD. All drivers are always current.

The DVD I was building contained slideshows created by EMC8.

Archived