Emc 10 Transitions Vs Emc 7.5 Transitions?

Mr C

Question

(Please bear with me,as i'm a bit puzzled as to how to explain this) Can anyone please tell me if roxio sells a product that will produce the color transitions found in emc version 7.5?? I'm using EMC 10 but most of the transitions are not colors(as with 7.5 version). And i'm told that a color panel must be added before any transitions to make them appear in color! There used to be a product here called videowave professional but i don't see it any more. EMC 10 increased the number of transitions but they omitted the color effect on most of them. 7.5 had the best color transitins but it cannot be installed on the vista o/s. I have updated my graphics card to the latest version, direct x is up to date. My ultimate goal is to see a color transition in one of mydvd productions!! Any help is appreciated.........mrhjc34@aol.com

Help!

17 answers to this question

(Please bear with me,as i'm a bit puzzled as to how to explain this) Can anyone please tell me if roxio sells a product that will produce the color transitions found in emc version 7.5?? I'm using EMC 10 but most of the transitions are not colors(as with 7.5 version). And i'm told that a color panel must be added before any transitions to make them appear in color! There used to be a product here called videowave professional but i don't see it any more. EMC 10 increased the number of transitions but they omitted the color effect on most of them. 7.5 had the best color transitins but it cannot be installed on the vista o/s. I have updated my graphics card to the latest version, direct x is up to date. My ultimate goal is to see a color transition in one of mydvd productions!! Any help is [deleted e-mail to stop the Bots from sending you lots of smpa. Help!

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Color panels are not necessary to have a "color" transition.

You have me confused. I'm not sure what you are saying when you say that EMC 10 does not have color transitions. They are and for most of them you can change the color and run them forward or reverse. Give me an example of one that doe "not have color"

Read this.

Perhaps you are thinking about video effects?

(Please bear with me,as i'm a bit puzzled as to how to explain this) Can anyone please tell me if roxio sells a product that will produce the color transitions found in emc version 7.5?? I'm using EMC 10 but most of the transitions are not colors(as with 7.5 version). And i'm told that a color panel must be added before any transitions to make them appear in color! There used to be a product here called videowave professional but i don't see it any more. EMC 10 increased the number of transitions but they omitted the color effect on most of them. 7.5 had the best color transitins but it cannot be installed on the vista o/s. I have updated my graphics card to the latest version, direct x is up to date. My ultimate goal is to see a color transition in one of mydvd productions!! Any help is appreciated.........mrhjc34@aol.com

Help!

Did you ever update to a stand alone graphics card, as was recommended last year?

Did you ever update to a stand alone graphics card, as was recommended last year?

Now you have me confused?? Where would i have seen such a recommendation to update a stand alone graphics card?? What i did was find my cards update on my manufacturers website & updated it!

If anything else was required, then no it was not done!

Now you have me confused?? Where would i have seen such a recommendation to update a stand alone graphics card?? What i did was find my cards update on my manufacturers website & updated it!

If anything else was required, then no it was not done!

Go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry170299 and read your question

in post #13 and read the response in #14.

Help!

I have a different computer now. I changed my specs here but it still seems to show my old A1620 model. For years & years now i have had nothing but problems using the videowave component in this EMC product! (all except version 7.5) And grandpa bruce, you have always been somewhat arrogant & nasty returning responses!! But i can excuse that considering the fact that you may be dealing with tons of people on a daily basis! The computer & (2) different graphics cards have been replaced & yet this thing still doesn't work as it should?? The suggestions are always to update or replace the graphics card?? Why can't the product be fixed to accomodate "ALL" cards????

Unfortunately, unless you actually TELL us you have changed things, we wouldn't have a clue (we all flunked mind-reading 101)

To change specs - go to my controls and 'edit signature' - make sure to save it

Now - you say yopu changed the graphics card - what is the make and model and how much memory does it have? Also, if anything else was changed, list your specs (CPU, RAM, etc)

Unfortunately, unless you actually TELL us you have changed things, we wouldn't have a clue (we all flunked mind-reading 101)

To change specs - go to my controls and 'edit signature' - make sure to save it

Now - you say yopu changed the graphics card - what is the make and model and how much memory does it have? Also, if anything else was changed, list your specs (CPU, RAM, etc)

Ok! Final solution(s) and then i'm done with trying!......First of all, thanks for trying to help me out. I've been a total A--hole with this & people are trying to help me out. Please consider it out of my frustrations due to not knowing the program! None-the-less I've saved my system info & hope it shows here.

I'm not going thru the process of buying & installing another card (if this one doesn't do it i'm done).

I've gone to "both" my manufacturer & the nvidia download sites & found the exact same update for my card, which i downloaded & installed ok. I've created a videowave project & used the following transitions which i cannot see in color? Using 3D (show settings)named "spray from top"....cannot be seen in color.

Using Reveals(show settings)name(s)= butterfly, leaf, heart2....cannot be seen in color. Using page turns(which transitions can be seen in color??). I've tried both hardware & software options but "ONLY" hardware option shows all of them?? And to answer an earlier question that was told to me about placing a color panel between each picture.......Someone from this forum directly told me that maybe a yr ago! Why would i dream up that idea only to add more work to a project???

I don't quite get it - the nVidia 8300GS is a dedicated card with 128 MB of RAM (and possibly about one of the slowest graphics cards around) so it shouldn't be using 'shared memory'

It also has its fair share of problems (check out http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/175....ease_Notes.pdf)

Also, the latest drivers are 175.16 (from www.nVidia.com)

Also 60 Hz is a very low refresh rate

Also 60 Hz is a very low refresh rate
I haven't seen anything higher for LCD monitors. 60hz would be progressive scan.

Using Reveals(show settings)name(s)= butterfly, leaf, heart2....cannot be seen in color.
yes, you can choose a color. SELECT the transition and then Click VIEW/SETTINGS

You should get the dialog box below. Choose the colors and you can even reverse the transition.

3D transitions and effects ONLY works with hardware render. Videowave actually uses the GPU on the video card to render those.

post-49-1214160841.jpg

It all depends on the monitor I suppose Bruce - mine is on an adaptor from the digital output (the plug on the lead is an SVGA 'D' connector) but I can alter refresh rates with no problem

17" Acer AL1715

My Acer 17" runs very happily at 75 Hz Gary :lol:

My Samsung SyncMaster 191t and 910t on DVI input, only offer 56 to 75 Hz. If set at max screen resolution they're supposed to be set at 60 Hz. What Samsung call "The Optimum Refresh Rate In Windows 98, ME, 2000, Or XP".

cd

That's the point I was making CD - they are variable. Personally, I prefer the higher refresh, but that's a matter of choice

All Guru drift here, but if I connect my monitor, to my video card, via an analog cable, the 60 HZ would mean something, but it means nothing when connected via a digital cable. At 60HZ, on an LCD monitor, the picture is far superior than the highest refresh rate setting on any CRT monitor I have had.

Archived