Emc Suite 10 And Vista Business X64 Edition

NRL

Question

Hi,

I have a problem and some questions. I had EMC Suite 10 installed on my computer. It crashed so I’m getting a new one. I’m going to be using Vista Business x64 64-Bit Edition OS.

Question 01) Does Roxio have a 64-Bit version of EMC Suite 10?

Question 02) If not, does EMC Suite 10 run on Vista x64 Edition (WOW64)?

My other issue is that I purchased a Mad Dog Multimedia DVD Drive. I cannot contact them so I think that they went out of business. I do not have 64-Bit Drivers for the DVD Drive.

Question 03) Does anyone know where I can get drivers for my DVD Drive?

Question 04) If not, can I use the LightScribe 64-Bit Drivers instead of the Mad Dog Multimedia Drivers?

Thanks for any and all help,

Norm

5 answers to this question

Most 32 bit programs will run on Windows x64. Microsoft has what they call "Windows On Windows" or WOW for short. I'm hoping that my software will install OK. My main problem is trying to get drivers for my DVD-RW drive.

Looks like you may be right since the Mad Dog site results in an error.

I have not seen anyone get EMC suites to run in any 64 bit OS. I am not sure that there are many programs that do.

Most 32 bit programs will run on Windows x64. Microsoft has what they call "Windows On Windows" or WOW for short. I'm hoping that my software will install OK. My main problem is trying to get drivers for my DVD-RW drive.

I don't know why the OS drivers wouldn't be good enough for any DVD drive.

The way that the 64 bit OS handles 32 bit apps is to put them in a separate x86 Program Files folder.

There seems to be a lot of problems with the 64 bit Vista - how much is down to MS and how much to the apps I don't know - just that it doesn't seem to be very friendly to 32 bit apps.

XP 64 doesn't have those problems and neither does Vista 32

Hi,

I'm gonna find out soon. I’ll be putting together my computer the end of this week. If I do have problems I plan on installing Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and then install my XP Pro x32 OS. It seems that a lot of people are doing this. They keep updating Vista and will slowly migrate to Vista as it gets better and better. SP1 was supposed to fix a lot of problems. I hope so anyway.

Thanks,

Norm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way that the 64 bit OS handles 32 bit apps is to put them in a separate x86 Program Files folder.

There seems to be a lot of problems with the 64 bit Vista - how much is down to MS and how much to the apps I don't know - just that it doesn't seem to be very friendly to 32 bit apps.

XP 64 doesn't have those problems and neither does Vista 32

Archived