Burn Setup Only Displays Save Disc Image File

adelara

Question

About to throw the towel....

AMD Duron 750

768 Meg Ram

CDRW/DVD Rom Combo HL-DT-ST RW/DVD Gcc-4480B (FIrmware 1.02 up to date)

Windows XP Pro SP2 All patches, yada...yada... etc...

The recorder burns any CD I pop in... just dragging files files there and selecting

"Write these files to CD" works awesome. :)

Problems start when I try to use any of the tools of EMC10... to keep it simple, I'm using

only "Music Disc Creator".

The simptom is once the applicaiton comes to the point when I hit the button "Burn"

the panel "MP3/WMA Disc - Burn Setup" comes up with only one checkbox

[ ] Save disk image file i.e I have no checkbox to select my cd recorder.

All drivers are up to date.

No DLA running there.

I have no other burning software

Drive is as good as new: why Windows can do, and EMC can't ?

Yeah, I ran pxengine3_00 to no avail.. it actually messed the registry and I have

to manually recreate entries. Back to normal.

Yup: removed the driver from device manager, and rebooted: same

Removed and reinstallled EMC10 3 times... no luck

Yeah, stopped IMAPI CD-Burning service: no work

disabled startup of IMAP : nothing, zilch, nada....

The thingy simply is not detecting the CD/RW recorder

-Alex

7 answers to this question

Hi Alex,

Your problem is that your drive is a DVD reader and a CD reader/writer. It's a CDRW/DVDROM.

When you try to make a music DVD with EMC 10 the software knows that you don't have a DVD writer so the only option it gives you is to make a disc image file. If you installed a DVD writer, the option to burn to DVD would come alive.

Regards,

Brendon

Removing deleting Lowerfilters PxHelp20 in, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry key, and reboot made my drives vanish from Roxio.

Importing the registry key Lowerfilters PxHelp20 from, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and a reboot, the drives reappeared.

Or applying the pxengine3_00_58a.exe and a reboot, the drives are seen again by Roxio.

I backed up, then deleted the PxHelp20.sys driver in system32, driver, folder.

With the registry entry Lower Class Filters PxHelp20 still in, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and after a reboot with one or both, PxHelp20, registry or systen32 deleted, pxengine3_00_58a.exe when applied, did re-register the lower class filter and the .sys driver for me.

Again after a reboot, the drives were seen in windoz and Roxio.

I applied pxengine3_00_58a.exe on a working v9 and v10, rebooted and everything worked fine.

cd

That's a lot of try-and-error :unsure:

I may try that too on the next weekend. It's when I can waste time

fumbling with Windoze...

Thanks for all the info.

-Alex

>> Your problem is that your drive is a DVD reader and a CD reader/writer. It's a CDRW/DVDROM.

When you try to make a music DVD with EMC 10 the software knows that you don't have a DVD >> writer so the only option it gives you is to make a disc image file.

Brendon,

I know the difference between audio cd and audio dvd.

I didn't tell I tried to create an audio dvd. My bad.

I am trying to record an Audio CD, the first option on the top of the menu

on the left side ... you know, to pop in the car player, in a regular cd player...

Are you trying to tell me that the application won't create a CD

if it doesn't find a dvd recorder ?

-Alex

If you don't see a drive option like the pic, download and apply # 5 in my signature.

post-97-1214149135.png

cd

Hmm... I have tried that before and things got generally worse.

I just ran it again... nothing happened <_<

Anyway... pehaps it's just time to upgrade :rolleyes:

Thanks

-Alex

Hmm... I have tried that before and things got generally worse.

I just ran it again... nothing happened <_<

Anyway... pehaps it's just time to upgrade :rolleyes:

Thanks

-Alex

I think you have other problems then, sorry I couldn't help.

I did try this on a XP SP 2 machine and it worked for me...

Removing deleting Lowerfilters PxHelp20 in, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} registry key, and reboot made my drives vanish from Roxio.

Importing the registry key Lowerfilters PxHelp20 from, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and a reboot, the drives reappeared. Or applying the pxengine3_00_58a.exe and a reboot, the drives are seen again by Roxio.

I backed up, then deleted the PxHelp20.sys driver in system32, driver, folder. With the registry entry Lower Class Filters PxHelp20 still in, {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and after a reboot with one or both, PxHelp20, registry or systen32 deleted, pxengine3_00_58a.exe when applied, did re-register the lower class filter and the .sys driver for me. Again after a reboot, the drives were seen in windoz and Roxio.

I applied pxengine3_00_58a.exe on a working v9 and v10, rebooted and everything worked fine.

cd

Archived