beno

Can's See Only In Roxio (dvd+r Burned By Roxio With Error)

Question

Hi,

Just a quick one: I was starting a DVD+R data disk burn and in the mean time I inserted into my laptop an USB mobile internet card. [i think] roxio gave an error that the device (I don't remember how it was worded exactly) will only be used after burn is completed. So I thought I'll have to wait, but actually, it allowed me to connect. So I connected, surfed and when the burn finished it gave me an error after veryfication like "some parts of the data don't match with the original, please try again and make sure other applications don't run" (or something similar). I have already burned dvds using roxio and working on other applications simultanously (like doing data copy through LAN cable from another computer onto mine), so I didn't think this could cause a problem.

When I inserted back the DVD, I could only see the contents of the disk in roxio, but could not read it with any file explorer, like if there would be no disk in the drive. So I decided to finalize it - strangely I could only do it by choosing in the options/data menu that "I only need disks for one recording", not with the finalize option as it said the disk is in use by the "data disk" option. I supposed, this will close the disk which may solve the problem, but actually it didn't. Now, I cannot even see tha data burned, however used space is 4,369 GB, so the burn was complete (checked information).

Just a confirmation: can I through away the old disk and reburn or can this disk be ever "seen" by file explorers anymore?

Thanks a lot for the answers in advance!

ben

Edited by beno

2 answers to this question

The disc is almost certainly corrupted - you should never do anything while the app isrunning (it gets all messed up and unhappy when you dio)

Seriously, you've probably interrupted the data stream and that's where the corruption has come in.

Just bin it and start afresh

The disc is almost certainly corrupted - you should never do anything while the app isrunning (it gets all messed up and unhappy when you dio)

Seriously, you've probably interrupted the data stream and that's where the corruption has come in.

Just bin it and start afresh

trashed, thnx for the help! ;)