80004003 Error

latinangel

Question

Hello.

Ok, so I have always been able to burn until recently, when I have been receiving this error on MyDVD 10: Failed to start the image writing operation Error while  Burning Image 80004003 Error while  Aborting. What is up with that? I have checked other posts and most people say that it is due to incompatible directx and I have no idea how to check its compatibility. What should I do?

This is my notebook:

Compaq Presario V2670US

Windows XP Home SP2

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37

2.0 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Processor ML-37 with PowerNow!™ Technology

128MB DDR (shared) Video Memory

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M IGP

2048MB 333MHz DDR System Memory (2 Dimm)

DirectX 9.0c

I was thinking that I should just "downgrade" to DirectX 8 or 7, but I don't know where I can download these.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :)

6 answers to this question

Is there a place I can download the previous version of DirectX? I don't know if it was 8 or 7. Because I can not find the update for my AMD video card driver and before my computer automatically downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0, I was able to burn cds, videos, dvds, etc. and now I can not burn ANYTHING. :(

Is there a place I can download the previous version of DirectX? I don't know if it was 8 or 7. Because I can not find the update for my AMD video card driver and before my computer automatically downloaded and installed DirectX 9.0, I was able to burn cds, videos, dvds, etc. and now I can not burn ANYTHING. :(

The program will not run with anything but DirectX 9, so that isn't your problem. Your video chip is the bottleneck.

You can either try to burn using Software render, or if you are doing that already, then you may have to do a clean install of the software. Instructions are here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

The program will not run with anything but DirectX 9, so that isn't your problem. Your video chip is the bottleneck.

You can either try to burn using Software render, or if you are doing that already, then you may have to do a clean install of the software. Instructions are here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

I'm sorry. That is what I meant. Where can I download Directx 9.0, NOT 8. :)

Hello.

Ok, so I have always been able to burn until recently, when I have been receiving this error on MyDVD 10: Failed to start the image writing operation Error while  Burning Image 80004003 Error while  Aborting. What is up with that? I have checked other posts and most people say that it is due to incompatible directx and I have no idea how to check its compatibility. What should I do?

This is my notebook:

Compaq Presario V2670US

Windows XP Home SP2

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-37

2.0 GHz AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Processor ML-37 with PowerNow!™ Technology

128MB DDR (shared) Video Memory

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M IGP

2048MB 333MHz DDR System Memory (2 Dimm)

DirectX 9.0c

I was thinking that I should just "downgrade" to DirectX 8 or 7, but I don't know where I can download these.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :)

Try this earlier post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry208583

Good luck :)

Archived