Creating Dvd

blackers88707x

Question

Having just purchased EMC8, after using Sonic DVD Studio and Memories on TV, my first project was a simple slideshow (or so I thought). After creating a new project, adding the menu, adding a bunch of photos, all of which displayed correctly, I then ran the preview, which resulted in nothing but a black box after an Assembling Production box completed. The only display was a very,very small part of a Preview Window.

After finishing the add photos and another Assembling Production message, the Preview button resulted in a rather nice Preview window with Dvd Controls and a black screen. Very nice but totally unfunctional.

Video is an integrated Via/S3g Unichrome Pro IGP with the latest drivers. Chip is an Athlon64 3200 with 1GB ram. Any clues as to the problem???

Ray

2 answers to this question

We have seen alot of display problems with the integrated video chipsets. Since you have the latest drivers, also update to the latest DirectX. Get it here.

I am running Directx9.0c and that's as far as I will go with Microsoft. I am quite happy to dump this crippled software and use my Memories on TV program which performs faultlessly on this computer. I might even try this on one of my other computers with a normal video card installed, but with half the options greyed out it seems to have been a waste of money.

Ray

Rather rude of me to omit it from my initial post but a belated thank you for your response

Ray

Archived