• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Copy Movies From My Hard Disk-easy Dvd Copy 4

Michae

Question

I recently purchased an ERasy DVD Copy & Convert and I have tried every which way possible to copy movie files from my hard disk to DVDs and I cannot finsd a way to make it work.

I know there isn't anything wrong with my computer because I am using Microsofts Media Centre to copy my movies to DVD.

Can someone please tell me how this dam software works I am so frustrated and regret ever buying this dam thing

thank you

12 answers to this question

I recently purchased an ERasy DVD Copy & Convert and I have tried every which way possible to copy movie files from my hard disk to DVDs and I cannot finsd a way to make it work.

I know there isn't anything wrong with my computer because I am using Microsofts Media Centre to copy my movies to DVD.

Can someone please tell me how this dam software works I am so frustrated and regret ever buying this dam thing

thank you

Brendon

I wish to thank you for replying to me in order to help me solve this problem.That was very good of you. I appreciate it

Well I have tried to do exactly as you suggested without much success.

Let me try and explain the best way I can. I have a Roxio Easy DVD Copy 4 ( Not so easy as it claims)

I run Vista and my Video files contain mostly DivX /AVIs movies

I have done exactly as you have suggested but all that happens is this: I put the movie which I want copied on in add movies side no problem great stuff. But when it comes to the destination side I select DVD Under the heading of Format and where it says Output I select Disc/Disc Image. I then click burn well the system starts working but it does not burn my DVD just makes a file. or something.

Now as I have said earlier I have Microsofts Media Centre: No problem I select Burn DVD it ask me from video library etc I say yes then I click burn its all done Easy Peasy

I am really at my wits end I don't know what to do next

Michael

Hello Michael,

Well, we were misdirected. You said you had "ERasy DVD Copy & Convert", but in fact you have "Easy DVD Copy 4" which is a whole 'nother different suite from Copy and Convert 3, the subject of this forum.

Sonic/Roxio [sOXIO] have developed this habit of 'dicing and slicing' their flagship software suites, and selling or re-selling different collections of the various parts so I don't really know what is in "Easy DVD Copy 4"

In Copy + Convert 3 we have Disc Copier 9, the copier I've been talking about. Here's a screenshot of it that I prepared earlier. . .

post-208-1214220358.jpg

Is the one you see anything like this, please? Is it named Disc Copier, or if not what is it named?

In mine on the right you see I have selected output to Disc/Disc Image, and I then clicked on the Burn button [greyed out on the top right]. That opened a burn setup box shown at the bottom left. This Burn Setup allows me to pick a burner [P: or Q:] and/or save to a file image.

I'm hoping that you have Disc Copier, and this will let you burn to disc. Please let me know what you see in your system.

Regards,

Brendon

You're welcome. Glad we could help.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello Brendon,

Sorry to be such a pest.

Last night I succesfully burnt a film on my DVD using Roxio as I told and I was all excited and elated.

However, since I have wasted 4 DVDs which have failed to burn. I did exactly the same thing and nothing has happened

I am still trying, the way I feel I shall never waste my time again with this type of software.

Why cant they make their software simple like Microsoft media centre. just press burn and its all done.

You dont have to press this and that its made for idiots like me.

Michael

Hello Michael,

There has been a big debate for some time now about which is better - software which does one thing and does it well and simply, or software which takes up gigabytes and tries to take over your machine and do everything and you need a university degree to master it.

Back to your problem.

One has worked, which is good and shows it can be done. But what do you mean that "nothing has happened" in the other cases? If nothing happened, then the 4 discs are still blank and have not been wasted.

If you're still trying to put film clip files to Video-DVD, at what point did the process stop? What error messages were shown?

There are two processes involved here. (1) recoding the video and making the disc structure, and (2) burning it to disc. You can separate those two processes by unchecking your drive in the burn setup box, and saving to a disc image file instead. Then if that part of the process completes properly you can go and burn the disc image file to disc. This way you can tell if the problem is in part (1) or part (2) of the process.

Brendon,

First, many thanks.

Everthing on the screen you posted seems to be exactly as what I have, in fact a mirror image. However the difference is my first screen says Roxio copy and convert yours says Disc copier (in fact the heading is universal for all programmes.

My second screen Roxio Video copy and convert - Burn setup. Whereas your screen say Disc copier -Burn setup.

The point which I don't understand and could be the answer to my problem is you say that it gives you and option to pick a burner P or Q where is this option kept I cannot find it

Michael

tidied by Brendon

Hi Michael,

I trust you don't mind I tidied your reply - the quotes were a bit confusing. :)

Soxio changed Disc Copier's name to 'Video Copy and Convert' in EMC10 for reasons best known to the Sales department, so I guess this means that Easy DVD Copy 4 [not to be confused with Copy and Convert 3] is a subset of Easy Media Creator 10 rather than EMC9. I think the Sales department is trying to bewilder us!!

Anyway, here is Video Copy & Convert set up ready to go.

post-208-1214262402.jpg

With Destination (top right) set to Disc/Disc image, and Size set to DVD-R/DVD+R (bottom left) you click the Burn button and see the Burn Setup dialog box.

In the dialog box in this clip you see my two burners, a checkbox to tick if I want to save an image file, and below that the burn options.

I have ticked my BENQ drive and have an RW disc in it so 4x shows in the Write Speed box. Don't you have a burner displayed in the top half of the Burn Setup box? If you do, tick it and you should be away like a rocket.

Brendon

Hello Michael,

There has been a big debate for some time now about which is better - software which does one thing and does it well and simply, or software which takes up gigabytes and tries to take over your machine and do everything and you need a university degree to master it.

Back to your problem.

One has worked, which is good and shows it can be done. But what do you mean that "nothing has happened" in the other cases? If nothing happened, then the 4 discs are still blank and have not been wasted.

If you're still trying to put film clip files to Video-DVD, at what point did the process stop? What error messages were shown?

There are two processes involved here. (1) recoding the video and making the disc structure, and (2) burning it to disc. You can separate those two processes by unchecking your drive in the burn setup box, and saving to a disc image file instead. Then if that part of the process completes properly you can go and burn the disc image file to disc. This way you can tell if the problem is in part (1) or part (2) of the process.

Hello Brendon,

Since our last exchange I have burnt 6 DVDs sucessfully. I don't how or why, but it seems to be working. Many,many thanks to you

Regards

Michael

Hello Michael,

Back to your problem.

Thank you Brendon,

I repeated the process when I successfully copied a film from my video library to my DVD and out of the four disc I tried 3 are still useable. Basically what happens is when I set to burn it says that it is burning the disc and when its over I find the disc blank

I am trying different processes including your suggestion and will let you know if I am successful.

Thank you

Regards

Michael

Brendon,

Once again I wish to thank you for taking the time to educate me on how to work Roxio's software.

I now know what the burners are and where they are.

I ticked the box as you suggested and everything is now working tickity Boo.

Just one thing I only have one burner which is D: OPTIARC DVD RW AD 7200s 1.52.

However that doesn't matter it works now.

many, many thanks

Regards

Michael

It's hard to give detailed explanations when you don't give much detail of what sort of 'movie files' you're trying to put on DVD, and what sort of DVD you're wanting to finish up with, so I'll have to be very general. Please feel free to come back and ask more about a particular item.

(1) If your files are movie disc images, from the Home application go to Copy > Burn Image to Disc

or Copy DVD Movies and use the Source side of Disc Copier to browse to your disc image, and the Destination side to write to disc

(2) If they're DVD folders use the second alternative above and browse to the folder

(3) if they're AVIs, WMVs, etc go to Copy > Compile DVDs and Movies and with Disc Copier set in 'Video Compilation' mode click 'Add Movies' on the source side and your output type on the Destination side.

(4) for making DVDs from DivX AVIs, go to Video > DivX DVDs and do the same as #(3)

(5) If you just want to store your movie files on a data DVD in whatever format they're already in, you can't do that with Copy and Convert because C&C is a very limited subset of the Easy Media Creator suite and it doesn't have Creator Classic.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived