Plug & Burn

jstoast

Question

Hello. I've been trying to utilize the Plug & Burn feature with Toast 8. The Content Area does not seem to recognize my Canon HV20 camcorder. IMovie (when activated) does so I know it is hooked up to the Mac properly. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

If you can't get plug & burn to work then you may alternatively be able to capture using QuickTime Pro or the AVCVideoCap that's part of the Firewire SDK that can be downloaded from developer.apple.com.

Thanks, but I think that defeats the purpose of Plug & Burn, ie. going directly from the Camcorder to DVD burn. It is is a feature that should work. The Camcorder is a popular brand and is supported by IMovie and other programs.

Thanks again.

If you can't get plug & burn to work then you may alternatively be able to capture using QuickTime Pro or the AVCVideoCap that's part of the Firewire SDK that can be downloaded from developer.apple.com.

Thanks, but I think that defeats the purpose of Plug & Burn, ie. going directly from the Camcorder to DVD burn. It is is a feature that should work. The Camcorder is a popular brand and is supported by IMovie and other programs.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing which DV camcorders are supported by Plug & Burn in Toast 8. I presume you connected the camcorder via Firewire before launching Toast and that you have the camcorder connected directly to a Firewire input on the Mac and not on a hub or in a series with other devices. Your camera recorded in DV format to DV tape.

If you can find someone else who has a Mac with Toast or take your camcorder to dealer who sells Macs maybe you can test to see if Plug & Burn doesn't support your camcorder or if it is an issue specific to your Mac.

It will be helpful if someone from Roxio sees your post and knows if this camcorder is supported in Toast 8 or possibly in Toast 9.

I'm pretty sure Toast's plug & burn only works with Firewire-connected DV camcorders. It doesn't support your camcorder.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. My camcorder does have Firewire connection and is connected properly. So it would seem that Toast should support the camcorder.

You will need to switch to DV mode for Toast to detect your camcorder

I've tried switching to DV mode. That didn't seem to work either.

Thank you for the reply!

Archived