• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bobtheoutlaw

Playback Order

Question

converted book to MP3, burned onto cd, when you open, or explore, files show to be in correct order, however, when you play back they are not in the correct sequence at all??? What is it I am missing here, when I download the files to burn they show up in bottom panel in the correct order, after burning the files they still show to be in correct order, so why will they not play correctly, and no, the shuffle is not turned on.LOL

3 answers to this question

converted book to MP3, burned onto cd, when you open, or explore, files show to be in correct order, however, when you play back they are not in the correct sequence at all??? What is it I am missing here, when I download the files to burn they show up in bottom panel in the correct order, after burning the files they still show to be in correct order, so why will they not play correctly, and no, the shuffle is not turned on.LOL

Did you get a window that asked if you wanted to rename the files to keep the playback order? You should have said yes. MP3 files are data files and will be played in alpha order.

Did you get a window that asked if you wanted to rename the files to keep the playback order? You should have said yes. MP3 files are data files and will be played in alpha order.

No, but the file were alpha numeric, D01 odd 01, D01 odd 02 etc

Like Steve said an MP3 disc is just a data disc and as such will play the files in Alpha/Numeric order.This is a Windows thing,not Roxio.To get them to play in the order you wish you either need to have them start 001,002,003...etc or when the disc is made also make a playlist (should be automatic if settings are correct) and have a player that uses playlists to play the material.

It's possible to make different format playlists depending on what your player needs.