Popcorn 3.0.2 Will Not Compress Video_ts Files

Ripping my hair out

Question

Okay, I bought the boxed version of Popcorn 3.0 and it would not even load. Nice QC, Roxio. I did download the update 3.0.2 and whoooppee the program actually loads and runs. I've now ripped 12 DVDs. They all play perfectly on the Mac using DVD player. Only 3 were able to be burned to DVD. Popcorn either responds with "this VIDEO_TS file cannot be compressed" or alternately, "the VIDEO_TS file appears to be corrupted". Okay, it's not corrupted since I can play it with DVD Player. What's the deal here?

Strange that Mac the Ripper (freeware) seems to work flawlessly. How come Roxio can't get Popcorn to work?

3 answers to this question

Okay, I bought the boxed version of Popcorn 3.0 and it would not even load. Nice QC, Roxio. I did download the update 3.0.2 and whoooppee the program actually loads and runs. I've now ripped 12 DVDs. They all play perfectly on the Mac using DVD player. Only 3 were able to be burned to DVD. Popcorn either responds with "this VIDEO_TS file cannot be compressed" or alternately, "the VIDEO_TS file appears to be corrupted". Okay, it's not corrupted since I can play it with DVD Player. What's the deal here?

Strange that Mac the Ripper (freeware) seems to work flawlessly. How come Roxio can't get Popcorn to work?

i too have this problem, i extracted the ts files from a dvd and tried to make a mpeg4 conversion so i can use it in imovie edit program... popcorns ans. is unsupported format... now this company wants to charge for phone calls, guess they don't believe in their product and want to make money from their failures... if anyone out there has a solution please contact amarezzo@yahoo.com, i refuse to give this company anymore of my money... thanks...i to tried macripper as a trial... fast and no problems, my money should have when to them!!!!!

i too have this problem, i extracted the ts files from a dvd and tried to make a mpeg4 conversion so i can use it in imovie edit program... popcorns ans. is unsupported format... now this company wants to charge for phone calls, guess they don't believe in their product and want to make money from their failures... if anyone out there has a solution please contact amarezzo@yahoo.com, i refuse to give this company anymore of my money... thanks...i to tried macripper as a trial... fast and no problems, my money should have when to them!!!!!

I too have develoed this issue but only in last month - I have cleaned out and realoded poocorn 3.02 from backup disk, but still getting compression error message. Could this be a conflict with updated mac OS?

I too have started getting error compression errors, and its now crashing my (brand new top of the line ) mac. I hav \e cleaned out and reloaded popcorn 3 from backup disk, added update patch. but still crashing the system. Could this be a new mac os conflict? M ON 10.5.4....Would popcorn 2 work?

Archived