Tivo Itunes Audio Export Error Code -50

SparkyM

Question

I've been able to transfer my Tivo Series 2 shows to the Mac. I'm trying to take a show(s) and export audio only to iTunes format - I don't *really* need the video and I'm running out of space on my iPod Touch. I keep getting a "Mac error code -50" even if I try PSP audio.

Any ideas or other products that actually work?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

I don't have Tivo so I don't have any experience with its files. Have you searched Roxio's TivoToGo for Mac forum? You might try exporting the entire video to another format and use that exported file for extracting only the audio.

didn't think Toast has this function... how do you extract audio from video files using Toast?

I don't know if this works for all video formats but the process in Toast 8 is to add the video to the Video window, select it and click the Export button. At the bottom of the Format list are audio only export options.

It is different in Toast 9. In the Convert window choose Audio Files as the format and add the video as an audio file (illogical but it works with the .mov file I tested). Click the red button and choose the audio export setting. Only the audio will be extracted.

Thanks tsantee.

Tested with Toast 9 and it doesn't even take TiVo for Audio File in Convert (unsupported format) although other video files are ok (mov and dvix files). That leads me to believe there is some limitation/protection for TiVo file that you can't just extract audio from it.

Archived