Changing The Key Of A Soundtrack

waugbee

Question

I called Roxio before purchasing software and was told that it would allow me to transpose a soundtrack. So if I have a shound track written in the "Key of C" and need it changed to the "Key of A" that I could perform this task with this software. So far I haven't been able to figure out how. Can anyone help me.

13 answers to this question

Thanks, I will try that.

What product did you buy?

Remember that you have 30 days to get your money back if you bought it directly from Roxio.

Try Goldwave. I don't know if that has the capability but it is a pretty good audio editor.

Too bad you didn't get the name of the person that handed you the bull.

I may just be internet illiterate but so far I can't find any software that will take an already pre recorded soundtrack and change the key so I can re-record the soundtrack in the key needed when it is not available. If anyone knows of anything that will do this, please let me know. My sister is a gospel singer and we can't get all the soundtracks in the key she needs. Thanks!!!!!

What product did you buy?

Remember that you have 30 days to get your money back if you bought it directly from Roxio.

Try Goldwave. I don't know if that has the capability but it is a pretty good audio editor.

Too bad you didn't get the name of the person that handed you the bull.

I bought it from circuit city and they wont return it unless it hasn't been opened. I didn't get the name but I will next time. I guess it's a lesson learned. I bought the Easy Media Creator 10.

I may just be internet illiterate but so far I can't find any software that will take an already pre recorded soundtrack and change the key so I can re-record the soundtrack in the key needed when it is not available. If anyone knows of anything that will do this, please let me know. My sister is a gospel singer and we can't get all the soundtracks in the key she needs. Thanks!!!!!

Search if there's any software for karaoke that does key change and record that track with the change.

Is there any such software that will allow me to have the song on a cd and then transpose the key and re-record it to another cd.

You can definitely do it with GoldWave. There is an option for changing the pitch, and you need to fiddle with the adjustments a bit to get a quality rendering, but it can be done. My daughter needed me to do that with a piece her piano teacher had recorded. Actually, it was a slightly different case, we'd recorded at the right pitch, but he played a bit slow. So first we sped it up, which raised the pitch, then I used the pitch option to bring it back to the right pitch.

Now, I keep meaning to play with SoundEditor, but it may have similar options for speeding up or changing pitch, I just haven't had a chance to get to it, but check there first, probably under "FX" (effects).

Thanks everybody. I found some great useful stuff. Thanks for all your help. You have been better than the person I spoke to on the phone from Roxio. Thanks

We know more and don't have to find and read it out of a book ! :lol:

Okay, indeed, Sound Editor has a Pitch option under "Sound Effects". I just tried it on a song, and went up about "3" on the scale, which appears to be 3 half-tones since "12" is a full octave. There's some "echo" in the effect, so it's not perfect, but maybe it's okay for what you need? You'll have to decide.

Archived