• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Progress Stops at 92%

ptown

Question

hi. i am having similar problems. During the encoding preview, the overall progress is 92% and the "recording slideshow" stops at 86%.....then nothing...stays that way forever....i cant even cancel the project. I have to shut down the program using the task manager. At this time, I cant even open the disc tray to retrieve my dvd. I have to shut the computer down and reboot. After rebooting, I can eject the dvd. FRUSTRATING!! Does anyone have a solution. I am using the brand "maxwell DVD+rw...as i was just practicing before i burned it to a DVD-/+R disc....help!!

8 answers to this question

Instead of burning direct to the disc, try making a .iso image file first - then use that to burn the disc

Thanks for your reply. I am a newbie at this and have no clue as to how to make an .ISO file. Sorry, but will have to ask for help here

When you click on Burn there are options. "Save disc image file" is the one that creates an ISO file.

post-39730-1214317892.jpg

If it creates one successfully, use Video Copy and Convert to burn it.

If it does not, the problem is likely in the source files you used for your Production.

When you click on Burn there are options. "Save disc image file" is the one that creates an ISO file.

post-39730-1214317892.jpg

If it creates one successfully, use Video Copy and Convert to burn it.

If it does not, the problem is likely in the source files you used for your Production.

How can you tell if the source has a problem or not? I have burned a dvd using MyDvd express using pictures on my computer dating back to 2005. They are all .JPG files. I have them stored in monthly order. I loaded my project with like 6 months of these pictures...edited them, writing names, etc etc etc. Burned the disc with no problems at all. I went back to the saved project, added a couple more months to it and repeated the process. The computer froze up..no error messages...nothing..just stopped recording. I had to reboot in order to get the disc out of the tray. After rebooting, i took off the last months i had put on, burned the disc again...worked fine. I then skipped to the last month, added the pictures, edited, burned, and the computer froze again. I had to reboot again to retrieve the disc. So.....how do you know if its the source or not? Any magic way of finding out? I have a Dell guy coming to my house tomorrow to install a new drive...not sure this is the problem...i personally think its software...

How can you tell if the source has a problem or not? I have burned a dvd using MyDvd express using pictures on my computer dating back to 2005. They are all .JPG files. I have them stored in monthly order. I loaded my project with like 6 months of these pictures...edited them, writing names, etc etc etc. Burned the disc with no problems at all. I went back to the saved project, added a couple more months to it and repeated the process. The computer froze up..no error messages...nothing..just stopped recording. I had to reboot in order to get the disc out of the tray. After rebooting, i took off the last months i had put on, burned the disc again...worked fine. I then skipped to the last month, added the pictures, edited, burned, and the computer froze again. I had to reboot again to retrieve the disc. So.....how do you know if its the source or not? Any magic way of finding out? I have a Dell guy coming to my house tomorrow to install a new drive...not sure this is the problem...i personally think its software...

Ask the Dell guy tomorrow...........if the Roxio came pre-installed then you have a OEM version, and all support comes from the provider of the OEM (Dell). He should be able to give you some help as it is their software, you have nothing to lose.

Ask the Dell guy tomorrow...........if the Roxio came pre-installed then you have a OEM version, and all support comes from the provider of the OEM (Dell). He should be able to give you some help as it is their software, you have nothing to lose.

Thanks, I will....thanks for your help!! I will post back what happens tomorrow...hopefully i can help someone else who is having this problem.

3 weeks ago, i purchased a dell inspiron 530..intel core 2 quad proc. 8mb L2cache, 2.4ghz. Vista Home premium Serv. pk 1. 4GB dual channel ddr2 sdram at 66 7Mhz-4dimms. integrated intel graphics media accelerator 3100. 500 GB serial ata hard drive w/databurst cache. roxio creator premier sd 10.1 was factory installed. I have been having trouble burning a dvd of photos. I have tried several brand names of discs. I have tried several kinds. dvdrw, dvd-r, dvd+r...memorex, maxell, sony. Sometimes the entire project will burn, other times, it hangs up on 92% overall progress.or 29% overall progress.i have tried this numerous times. I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it.had the India guy from Dell all up in my computer. Still not resolved. Help!

You would be able to tell if you actually followed the instructions that Tony and I provided! I explained that 'burning the ISO' was the test…

It is moot at this point as you have someone from Dell coming out to change the drive. That moves us back to square one.

The Dell Guy may be of some assistance but he is contracted only to change the hardware, not to do hand holding with software. If he can help you, that is great but he is doing so out of the goodness of his heart. If he doesn't help beyond hardware, he is only doing what was contract.

If you call a cab, they will help with your bags. They are not going to decide what you should take or help you pack…

Archived