My Dvd Problems

pmondo420

Question

Everytime I try to open this application it says -"The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application - MPEG2 - click OK to activate." I click OK and it says "No permission - Bad installation." Then shuts down the application. I tried to use the customer support and tried this patch - http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/patchapp.zip

when I tried to load this patch - a little box pops up and says "unable to load dll's."

They say that it must be my operating system but I don't understand - when I had MyDVD 9 it worked fine - I had my hard drive wiped clean and now bought Easy Media creator 10 Suite and I cant open my dvd.

3 answers to this question

Did the clean install - still same problem - says mpeg-2 must be activated and when I press "ok" it says no permission - bad installation. This program is getting frustratin- media creator 9 worked fine and of course I don't have that anymore.

The mpeg2 activation is from EMC 9 - you haven't done the clean install fully. There are a couple of hidden folders in C:\documents and settings that you may have missed.

As you were told - follow the procedure TO THE LETTER

Everytime I try to open this application it says -"The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application - MPEG2 - click OK to activate." I click OK and it says "No permission - Bad installation." Then shuts down the application. I tried to use the customer support and tried this patch - http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/patchapp.zip

when I tried to load this patch - a little box pops up and says "unable to load dll's."

They say that it must be my operating system but I don't understand - when I had MyDVD 9 it worked fine - I had my hard drive wiped clean and now bought Easy Media creator 10 Suite and I cant open my dvd.

Clean install might be your best bet, as recommended by Larry in this post where the problem was similar to yours. Larry's post has the clean install links. Please report back.

Archived