• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture Problems On Mac Leopard

pbarrett

Question

I am operating a new IMac OS X 10.5.3 system and my new Roxio Toast 9 simply will not allow me to capture video directly from my Mini-DV for any length over 19 minutes or so. I used Disk Warrior to clean up any potential conflicts in the directories, etc., but I am just getting nowhere. When the tape gets to about 17-19 minutes, it simply stops and the Roxio window closes. I've tried re-installing it. I did use Migration Assistant to move all my files from my old Mac to this one, but that was prior to installing Toast 9 and I don't think that is relevant here, but FYI. I use this function practically daily for my video business and I am getting into a hole with clients fast. HELP!

Pete B

1 answer to this question

I don't know if this is a bug in Toast as I don't use Plug & burn so I haven't tested this myself. An alternative is to use QuickTime Pro to capture your DV video and then add it to Toast. A couple other options are the freeware application Vidi and AVC Video Cap that is part of Apple Developer's Firewire SDK (available free at developer.apple.com).

Archived