• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

cafetimer

How To Simultaneously Burn Two Cd's Using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5?

Question

I tried to simultaneously burn the same CD to the two burners attached to my HP laptop (internal unit Sony DW-P50A and external unit HP740e), but Roxio 7.5 keeps asking me the speed at which I want to burn the CD's on each burner. The problem is that it does not let me pull any available speed option from the pull down menu that appears. If I push the "Continue Recording" button without selecting the supposed available speed options, Roxio prevents both burners from beginning the burning process. Somehow I believe the option of simultaneously burning the same CD is supported by this software, but for some reason it keeps asking me something for which it does not give the corresponding options.

8 answers to this question

When you hit burn and the progress box pops up did you put a check mark next to both drives?If you did and you take either one away can you then change the speed?If you only have 1 drive checked and you check the second one and watch the speed box does it change?When you use more than 1 drive,both drives have to record at the same speed.If you look at the speeds seperately do the 2 drives have a common speed?

Alot depends on how your system is set up but I admit, I've never tried this.

To start, the drives must be each on a seperate controller, and the harddrive where the data is stored must also not be attached to one of the 2 driver.....at least that's my understanding of it.

Well, I've heard everything now :huh: . Simultaneously burning the same production in two separate burners !!

Wow, who would have ever thought of that ?? I guess cafetimer did, huh ?? :)

Frank....

I tried to simultaneously burn the same CD to the two burners attached to my HP laptop (internal unit Sony DW-P50A and external unit HP740e), but Roxio 7.5 keeps asking me the speed at which I want to burn the CD's on each burner. The problem is that it does not let me pull any available speed option from the pull down menu that appears. If I push the "Continue Recording" button without selecting the supposed available speed options, Roxio prevents both burners from beginning the burning process. Somehow I believe the option of simultaneously burning the same CD is supported by this software, but for some reason it keeps asking me something for which it does not give the corresponding options.

Also - be sure to have blank media in both drives before you start and give it a chance to see them, as that is how the program determines available write speeds.

Well, I've heard everything now :D . Simultaneously burning the same production in two separate burners !!

Wow, who would have ever thought of that ?? I guess cafetimer did, huh ?? :)

Frank....

Double huh?? :huh::D

Ok,I tried this twice.The first time was with 2 older CD R/W's and the second was with 2 new CD's.The first time I got 2 good cds that burned at 4x.The second time I got 2 good ones that burned at 40x.

I used mp3 files I had on my hard drive and both my burners are on different controllers.

Edited by tbrewst

Well, I've heard everything now :D . Simultaneously burning the same production in two separate burners !!

Wow, who would have ever thought of that ?? I guess cafetimer did, huh ?? :huh:

Frank....

Like your avatar Frank............... :)

Thanks Patty. I thought that little critter was pretty neat. I still am a custom truck lover however and still have my custom "redwagon" that I uncover and take out of the garage a couple of times a week just to keep it in shape.

Frank..