• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Temporary Files Error

iff2mastamatt

Question

12 answers to this question

I remember paying $350 for a 300 MB hard drive about 14 years ago, and at that price, it was a steal. :)

Go back about 6 years before that, and I spent about $400 for a 20MB drive and the interface card to go with it to put into the original IBM PC. No way was I ever going to fill that huge thing! :blink:

Dear the Roxio Community,

This is my first DVD I am making with the Roxio EMC 10. After making a slide show in VideoWave, I get this error:

"Not enough space for temporary files"

This will not let me burn my DVD. Any suggestions?

Have you deleted your temporary files recently?

Look in C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Roxio (and similar areas) where xxx is your username to look for temp folders. Note that you may have to go to Tools, Folder options, View, Show Hidden Files and Folders and press OK to view these temp folder Also, empty your recycle bin and don't be afraid to defrag your computer.

You may want to look more closely at your hard drive and see how much free space you have available. If short, try the following:

Go to Accessories, System Tools and use Disk Cleanup. Also, go into IE under tools, if you are using IE, and then go to Internet options. Delete out all of the browsing history, temp files etc.

What are your system specifications?

If the OP can't afford an upgrade then examination of the HD would be in order. And, if the OP doesn't have a spare drive bay then bigger issues are at hand when doing a drive replacement. 20 gb of free space should be more than enough, depending on the length of a video production. It could take 1 gb for every five minutes of video.

Bruce,

I would love to have dual 320's on my laptop but I didn't want to spend the extra $300.

Every time I have tried burning a DVD with the "MyDVD" application, I have ran always ran into an error. However, I am trying to burn a slideshow I made in the VideoWave application to a DVD-R disc. Whenever I press the burn button, a message pops up saying "The estimated size of the ISO or file-set exceeds the available hard disc space. If you continue, the content may be truncated. Are you sure?". I hit "OK" and then a prompt says "the destination drive doesn't have enough space". This is odd to me because I am burning a 12 minute slide show that should only be about 1100 MB, or a little over 1 GB. Even on the high quality setting, the slide show should only take up about 1/4 of the DVD's capacity. Is there something I forgot to mention or I am doing wrong? Cheers!

Here are my computer specifications:

Dell E510

110 GB Hard drive

30 GB RAID 0 Hard drive

2 GB of RAM

Windows XP Pro SP2

DVD-ROM Drive (1st Bay)

DVD +-RW Burner (2nd Bay)

3.2 Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor

ATI Radeon X600 256MB Graphics Card

Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy Sound Card

If the OP can't afford an upgrade then examination of the HD would be in order. And, if the OP doesn't have a spare drive bay then bigger issues are at hand when doing a drive replacement. 20 gb of free space should be more than enough, depending on the length of a video production. It could take 1 gb for every five minutes of video.

Bruce,

I would love to have dual 320's on my laptop but I didn't want to spend the extra $300.

I agree on getting rid of the junk on a hard drive, but it is highly unlikely that the OP will get rid of enough junk to do more than one production.

320 GB hard drives are around $65 right now. I remember paying $350 for a 300 MB hard drive about 14 years ago, and at that price, it was a steal. :)

And, as far as 20 GB being enough space, it would be for the temp files when encoding.

Thank You all for the prompt replies. I only have 500MB, yes megabytes of Hard Drive space left. I'll move some files to a back up hard drive. However, I do not have this "temporary files" problem anymore. I have a new problem which I posted on a new problem. Cheers!

You are doomed for any video work then. I would bet that you can't even defrag that hard drive, because there isn't enough space to do it.

Once your hard drive gets down to between 10% and 15% space left, if you do get it to defrag, it will take a long time to do it.

Thank You all for the prompt replies. I only have 500MB, yes megabytes of Hard Drive space left. I'll move some files to a back up hard drive. However, I do not have this "temporary files" problem anymore. I have a new problem which I posted on a new post. Cheers!

If you are still reading this thread.

There are two free programs that may help if you can install them. CCleaner will free up some space wiping the temp files, recently used, etc. The second is Revo Uninstaller to get rid of some of those obsolete programs you don't use and will clean up the items left behind in the registry (your shoice of 4 levels of safety).

While you are at it, you can also try this defragmenter.

Archived