• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Markha

Auto-color And Brightness/contrast Not Working

Question

So I am new to this so please be gental.

I am in VideoWave 10 and have imported a couple of video files. I am trying to use Auto-Color or adjust the Brightness. When I do this, it changes about 70% of the frame and leaves streaks of dark lines behind. Anyone else having this issue? Any work arounds? I have a project that is dark and really needs to be brightened up.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by Markha

4 answers to this question

I have not played with that feature to any extent but I think you are expecting way too much from it and are probably allowing it to apply to the entire clip.

Since you probably only have small portions of a clip that need fixed, you need to make splits to isolate those sections.

In this screen cap, the clip has been split into 3 segments.

post-39730-1214388074.jpg

Only the 3rd section is active so if I apply any effects they will only be applied to that section.

Note that there can be large differences between what you see on your screen and how it looks on your TV. I recommend that you get some RW media, so you can reuse it, and burn a test sample early on to see what it is going to look like.

I have not played with that feature to any extent but I think you are expecting way too much from it and are probably allowing it to apply to the entire clip.<clip>

Actually I am just trying to brighten one portion of a clip. Here is a shot of the issue. You can see the lighter spots are the areas that have the brightness change, but as you can tell the entire frame did not take the change.

2661475800060856752S200x200Q85.jpg

Any ideas?

Actually I am just trying to brighten one portion of a clip. Here is a shot of the issue. You can see the lighter spots are the areas that have the brightness change, but as you can tell the entire frame did not take the change.

Any ideas?

You need to split the portions that you want to brighten, as Jim said.

And, the shot you posted is so small, I can't even see it.

Any ideas?

Try to update DirectX and graphics drivers. Maybe also try setting in Options rendering to Software or Hardware (ie change currently selected option to the other one).