Use Audio Only From A Video Clip

LoTexas

Question

6 answers to this question

I agree, it would depend on where you will use the audio. Definitely a terrific feature. I really like the ability to bring the extracted clip into Sound Editor and edit it to go back into the slideshow. Like PhotoShop for audio. Really amazing.

How can I use only the audio portion of a video? I want to put the audio with other photos.

Open Media Manager, browse to your video, right click on it, and select Extract Audio. Save the file as a .wav file, to a folder on your hard drive.

You can then use this audio file in VideoWave, for you slide show.

I do hope that many other users of Roxio's program will read this thread, as this is one fine option that many do not know is available. I have done this many, many times with various videos where the audio or music is just exactly what you want for another project. Then edit it or what ever to customize it just the way you want.

So thanks Bruce and karri for the OP's solution you both posted.

Frank...

gpBruce's method also works if you are in VideoWave; you can browse to and right click on the file in the Media Selector and select Extract Audio.

Karri, I always do the extraction in VideoWave, and used to tell folks to do the extraction in VideoWave, but for whatever reason, some other posters said that it was easier to do it in Media Manager.

Archived