Waxing Poetic About Legacy Mydvd

SoccerMom

Question

I used Sonic's MyDVD for years on a Windows XP machine. I think it was version 5 or something. PC crashed, was browbeaten into upgrading to Vista, ordered EMC 10 (build 100B44D ENU, if that helps). My question to the forum is, what happened to MyDVD? Did it get swallowed up in a corporate buyout or something? The current version is practically unrecognizeable. I used to be able to crank out a vacation slideshow with music in a matter of minutes. The slideshow wizard has dumbed down the entire process too much. There appear to be no editing options any more for slideshows. Am I just a dinosour or did this product devolve?

1 answer to this question

My earliest intro to Media Creator is version 7 (OEM that came with purchased burner) so I have no idea on the capability of your old software. Now that you have EMC 10, you might want to take a look at this excellent tutorial by sknis. It is posted in EMC 9 forum but should apply to EMC 10 as well. The Disc Copier mentioned in that tutorial is replaced by Video Copy & Convert. There are other helpful threads in the Tips and Tricks section.

Archived