Plug And Burn

Kinderpat

Question

This is the second time I have invested in Roxio software in an effort to make a DVD from a digital camcorder thinking if I upgraded to the latest I would solve all my problems and be succesful at creating a DVD. . . .WRONG!!!!!

I have an HP Media center pc 854n with Windows XP and the NVIDIA GE Force 4MX440 graphics card. Drivers are up to date.

Reading the posted information I can see that everyone is as frustrated as I have been with this software. The advertisement reads "Plug and Burn". Is there anyone out there that can give me the SIMPLE STEPS to accomplish this? I have read the manual, bought Roxio Easy Media for Dummies and I have yet been able to "PLUG and BURN" as the software suggests. WHAT AM I MISSING????

I am not a computer Techie so I need something in layman terms for an explanation.

Reaching a techinician at Roxio . . . IMPOSSIBLE. They sell the software but are UNWILLING to help unless you pay a minute to minute fee. WHAT A RIPOFF!!

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. I Have dealt with "Roxanne" since November and STILL do not have ONE DVD!!!

Kinderpat

2 answers to this question

This is the second time I have invested in Roxio software in an effort to make a DVD from a digital camcorder thinking if I upgraded to the latest I would solve all my problems and be succesful at creating a DVD. . . .WRONG!!!!!

I have an HP Media center pc 854n with Windows XP and the NVIDIA GE Force 4MX440 graphics card. Drivers are up to date.

Reading the posted information I can see that everyone is as frustrated as I have been with this software. The advertisement reads "Plug and Burn". Is there anyone out there that can give me the SIMPLE STEPS to accomplish this? I have read the manual, bought Roxio Easy Media for Dummies and I have yet been able to "PLUG and BURN" as the software suggests. WHAT AM I MISSING????

I am not a computer Techie so I need something in layman terms for an explanation.

Reaching a techinician at Roxio . . . IMPOSSIBLE. They sell the software but are UNWILLING to help unless you pay a minute to minute fee. WHAT A RIPOFF!!

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. I Have dealt with "Roxanne" since November and STILL do not have ONE DVD!!!

Kinderpat

No need to yell. The bolded text above is your downfall. I know of 1 or 2 people who have that card and have gotten to work with the software, but for rendering, it is extremely slow.

I don't know what you mean by, "everyone who uses the software, is frustrated......" The folks not having problems, don't usually post in the forums.

Plug and Burn worked for me, the one time I tried it. I have no use for it, even if I don't need to edit the video. There is less chance of something going wrong, if you capture the video, to your hard drive, via a firewire cable, then burn to a DVD, using MyDVD.

We have free phone support for our latest flagship products (currently EMC 10 and Toast 9). And the previous poster is right, yelling doesn't help your cause.

check out http://selfserve.roxio.com/

Archived