• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slideshow Assistant

chris_kost

Question

I recently installed emc8 and things seemed to be running fine until I had tried using video wave and found out that I needed to add more memory. So now I had to uninstall emc8 and reinstall. Now if I go to photo and then slideshow, slideshow assistant will not pop up. It just goes back to the photo options page. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Sony vaio p4 2.4

1.5 mb ram

120hd

256 video card

8 answers to this question

I am having trouble properly burning my slideshows. I have successfully combined and properly ordered my pictures of Italy with those of another couple. I have gone throught the three steps and clicked on "create disk". My computer takes some time to encode the show and then when finished the slideshow plays back fine on my computer but when I try to play it back on my DVD player the picture appears black and white and rolls vertically like an old tv with the "vertical" improperly adjusted. Help!

Create that slide show in VideoWave, then take it to MyDVD for burning. Burn it to an image (ISO) file, first. Then open Disc Copier, browse to that ISO file, and burn it to a DVD.

I did a slideshow out of the pictures that my wife and two of her other friends took in Rome, last September. It turned out great. I added Italian music to the production.

Thanks for the replies sknis and grandpabruce. Somehow it seems I had managed to click on PAL as opposed to the good old North American system and that's why it wasn't playing on my DVD player. All seems to be in order for the moment and my ill feelings toward Roxio were not well founded. I'm trying to add Vivaldi to my slideshow of Italy today Bruce - wish me luck. Incidentally does it make sense that when I attempt to copy a whole folder of pictures from My Pictures to Slide Show assistant that they appear in reverse chronological order??

Thanks for the replies sknis and grandpabruce. Somehow it seems I had managed to click on PAL as opposed to the good old North American system and that's why it wasn't playing on my DVD player. All seems to be in order for the moment and my ill feelings toward Roxio were not well founded. I'm trying to add Vivaldi to my slideshow of Italy today Bruce - wish me luck. Incidentally does it make sense that when I attempt to copy a whole folder of pictures from My Pictures to Slide Show assistant that they appear in reverse chronological order??

I don't know, because I have never used Slideshow Assistant. I just go right to VideoWave to create the production.

Do you need to use the Assistant for any reason? Most people just use VideoWave to do their productions. More feature filled and usually opens properly.

sknis, thanks for the idea but it still does not operate correctly. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Try this, it might help.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php? showtopic=678&pid=3242&mode=threaded&show=&st=entry3242://http://forums.support.roxio.com/ind...&st=entry3242://http://forums.support.roxio.com/ind...&st=entry3242://http://forums.support.roxio.com/ind...&st=entry3242

It is for Music Disc Creator but it probably will work here.

I recently installed emc8 and things seemed to be running fine until I had tried using video wave and found out that I needed to add more memory. So now I had to uninstall emc8 and reinstall. Now if I go to photo and then slideshow, slideshow assistant will not pop up. It just goes back to the photo options page. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Sony vaio p4 2.4

1.5 mb ram

120hd

256 video card

I am having trouble properly burning my slideshows. I have successfully combined and properly ordered my pictures of Italy with those of another couple. I have gone throught the three steps and clicked on "create disk". My computer takes some time to encode the show and then when finished the slideshow plays back fine on my computer but when I try to play it back on my DVD player the picture appears black and white and rolls vertically like an old tv with the "vertical" improperly adjusted. Help!

Your post seems to have nothing in common with the original post. In the future, for your benefit, start a new topic. Make sure that the PAL or NSTC is set properly for your region. My guess is that that was not set properly.

Since the disc plays properly on your computer, the disc was made properly. If the above doesn't help, perhaps cleaning your DVD player or suing another type/brand of disc will help. See if your DVD player will play home burned discs. Some won't.

Archived