• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing Transitions

Mike Ventrella

Question

I have RecordNow 10, which I purchased because I was told in one of the discussion groups that I could mix transitions of my mp3s in the same way I can do it with my wav files in my Easy CD Creator 6, where I can fade in or out a song or overlap two songs.

Is there any way to do that in jukebox mode with either program? Or is that just impossible to do with mp3s?

I sent a ticket to Roxio asking for assistance and was told rather bruskly "check the help button". Oh yeah, thanks for the great customer service assistance there, Roxio folks.

9 answers to this question

]I don't think so with the program you have. Again with Sound Editor you can make a mix and overlap the music or simply take out any gaps between pieces of music.

You might also want to try GoldWave. You can select to merge several cuts and then cut out the areas you don't want in the mix.

Dave D-W is the audio expert and perhaps he'll have another idea.

Just bumping up to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

I really really like Roxios easy CD creator. I just want it to do mp3s instead of just wav files!

I have RecordNow 10, which I purchased because I was told in one of the discussion groups that I could mix transitions of my mp3s in the same way I can do it with my wav files in my Easy CD Creator 6, where I can fade in or out a song or overlap two songs.

Is there any way to do that in jukebox mode with either program? Or is that just impossible to do with mp3s?

I sent a ticket to Roxio asking for assistance and was told rather bruskly "check the help button". Oh yeah, thanks for the great customer service assistance there, Roxio folks.

Since the mp3 files are data files, I don't believe that there is the ability to do what you want with RecordNow or with Music Disc Creator. You may be able to create a MIX with Sound Editor but that still will not be exactly what you want.

I don't believe that Sound Editor is in either of the RecordNow programs; it is in the full EMC 10.

If you bought the RecordNow directly from Roxio in the last 30 days, you can get your money back. Suggestion. Download the free trial of EMC 9 from another section of this forum, try using Sound Editor to make the mix with multiple tracks so you can get the overlaps, do the fades you want, etc. If you like it, you can buy EMC 10 since it is similar to EMC 9.

Since the mp3 files are data files, I don't believe that there is the ability to do what you want with RecordNow or with Music Disc Creator. You may be able to create a MIX with Sound Editor but that still will not be exactly what you want.

I don't believe that Sound Editor is in either of the RecordNow programs; it is in the full EMC 10.

If you bought the RecordNow directly from Roxio in the last 30 days, you can get your money back. Suggestion. Download the free trial of EMC 9 from another section of this forum, try using Sound Editor to make the mix with multiple tracks so you can get the overlaps, do the fades you want, etc. If you like it, you can buy EMC 10 since it is similar to EMC 9.

Thank you, I was afraid of that.

If I may, though -- is there any way to avoid the second or so pause between each song? It's quite distracting when you have medleys like, for instance Sgt. Pepper / With a Little Help From My Friends that flow from one to another when suddenly there is a break.

I guess maybe I have to give up this freedom in exchange for fitting all those songs on one CD, but it's frustrating. We can put a man on the moon but we can't burn a CD with mp3s and mix them too! :angry:

Thank you, I was afraid of that.

If I may, though -- is there any way to avoid the second or so pause between each song? It's quite distracting when you have medleys like, for instance Sgt. Pepper / With a Little Help From My Friends that flow from one to another when suddenly there is a break.

I guess maybe I have to give up this freedom in exchange for fitting all those songs on one CD, but it's frustrating. We can put a man on the moon but we can't burn a CD with mp3s and mix them too! :angry:

]I don't think so with the program you have. Again with Sound Editor you can make a mix and overlap the music or simply take out any gaps between pieces of music.

You might also want to try GoldWave. You can select to merge several cuts and then cut out the areas you don't want in the mix.

Dave D-W is the audio expert and perhaps he'll have another idea.

Geez, you think I ignored that post? I tried what was suggested as well as many other options... I don't tell you everything.

So you tried to make a mix using Sound Editor? How many tracks did you use? How did you overlap? Perhaps you missed a step in making that mix.

So you tried to make a mix using Sound Editor? How many tracks did you use? How did you overlap? Perhaps you missed a step in making that mix.

It worked fine combining two or more tracks. However, then they are basically one big track... and all the other programs and suggestions are pretty much the same thing.

I will do this if I have to -- the second side of Abbey Road is going to be a real pain -- but what I really was hoping for was something as simple as the current Easy CD and DVD creator, where with a few clicks you can pick a song (in wav file) and fade it in, overlap it with the next song, and then move on to the other songs you have already chosen for your playlist. I can have 20 songs on a CD, each progressing into the next, mixing them together like when I was a DJ, with no "dead air".

With mp3, however, in order to do this I will apparently have to end up with one huge file containing all of the songs I want -- and the whole point of mp3s is to be able to fit 100 or more songs on a CD, not just 20 or so.

After trying all the programs I could find on the web (including Goldwave), I am coming to the conclusion that what I want is just impossible with mp3s.

Thanks for the advice and help though!

Archived