mauricev

Can I Make A Bootable Iso File?

Question

Is there a way to make an ISO file from a CD, particularly a bootable Window disc? Then I can use the ISO file at a later point to make bootable CDs or even boot directly from it in VMWare Fusion.

And if version 8 cannot do this, can version 9?

2 answers to this question

You can make a bootable ISO, but Toast wont do it automatically for you. Your best bet is to google Windows bootable CD instructions or something similar to that and get details on what exactly is involved in creating the disc. Once you have the data organized the way Windows needs it, you can then use Toast to burn and ISO compliant disc.

You can make a bootable ISO, but Toast wont do it automatically for you. Your best bet is to google Windows bootable CD instructions or something similar to that and get details on what exactly is involved in creating the disc. Once you have the data organized the way Windows needs it, you can then use Toast to burn and ISO compliant disc.

I am just looking for program that goes from CD/DVD to ISO. I found a program that does this, ISOlator, http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18634.