Capturing Video With Blanks Spaces On Tape

jeth

Question

I'm trying to capture videos from old 8mm camcorder tapes (and some VHS ones) that have blank spaces periodically on the tape. Usually there is even one at the start of the tape.

But Easy Media Creator 10s capture stops and issues a "no signal" error message every time it finds one of these.

Is there any way to tell it to continue looking for a signal until I tell it to stop?

It's too difficult to try and cue up a tape in the camcorder without either leaving some blank space or losing some video that I want to keep.

Some other appplications just keep going and separate these segments into scenes later.

2 answers to this question

Is there any way to tell it to continue looking for a signal until I tell it to stop?
Unfortunately, there is not. If you have other sfotware that will, you should use it. As long as it captures to standard MPEG 2 or AVI, you shouldn't have a problem editing those files in Videowave.

Unfortunately, there is not. If you have other sfotware that will, you should use it. As long as it captures to standard MPEG 2 or AVI, you shouldn't have a problem editing those files in Videowave.

Thanks for response, Gary,

I was able to use the Pinnacle software that came with the USB capture device to get the files in. I think the Magix package also was able to do it on some other files.

I was hoping that EMC would have the best of all worlds and let me do everything in one setting. Unfortunately, it looks like each application has it's own finer points but none manage to simplify all the steps in capturing/editing/and movie creation.

It wouldn't be so bad if they all didn't use their own proprietary formats for intermediate steps.

Thanks again,

Joe

Archived