adrianpeek

Why Does Toast 9 Add Time To Audio Tracks?

Question

Hello:

Toast 9 has been adding up to 20 seconds of "pre-roll" time to random audio tracks I burn onto CD. The audio tracks are QuickTime files that were exported from Logic 8. The tracks will play but with the above-mentioned long pause between some tracks. The 2 second default space hasn't ever been changed. This doesn't happen on every burn, or with every track. Just happens randomly.

Please advise asap. Thank you!

TTYL

AP

3 answers to this question

How long are those tracks? I think there is a minimum track length for audio CDs but I don't know how long that is. Toast could be padding the track to meet the minimum. Just guessing.

Hello:

Toast 9 has been adding up to 20 seconds of "pre-roll" time to random audio tracks I burn onto CD. The audio tracks are QuickTime files that were exported from Logic 8. The tracks will play but with the above-mentioned long pause between some tracks. The 2 second default space hasn't ever been changed. This doesn't happen on every burn, or with every track. Just happens randomly.

Please advise asap. Thank you!

TTYL

AP

The tracks vary in length from :37 to over 4:00. It doesn't seem to be based on any recurring event/file size/etc.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

How long are those tracks? I think there is a minimum track length for audio CDs but I don't know how long that is. Toast could be padding the track to meet the minimum. Just guessing.

It happens randomly. I've burned tracks @ :37, no problem.

Thanks anyways!

Make sure are using the latest version as well. We had some bugs related to audio length in 9.0

I'm going to install the upgrade later on today. If I continue to have an issue I'll repost.

Thank you very much!