• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Styles

Kela52

Question

8 answers to this question

Wouldn't you know it, the style I picked for a production is the tropical one and it is flawed on mine. Yellow line down center. Anyone else have this problem?

Kela52

The is no tropical DVD menu style. What is the exact name?

Some of the styles have a line across them to show where the individual movies should be placed. If you truly have a vertical line then the issue is more of one relating to your graphics card/chip than it is to a flawed style.

post-58-1214431235.jpg

post-58-1214431245.jpg

Thank you for your reply....

It is the menu on your reply with the palm trees. The yellow line down the middle and "outlines" come and go as it plays.

Kela

The is no tropical DVD menu style. What is the exact name?

Some of the styles have a line across them to show where the individual movies should be placed. If you truly have a vertical line then the issue is more of one relating to your graphics card/chip than it is to a flawed style.

Where are you seeing the yellow line? In the preview or in a finished production on a DVD? The preview is a low quality rendition so it is not representative of what you will get on a DVD. If you see the issue on a DVD then ......

OK, that is probably a problem with the video card/chip drivers on your computer and/or a display setting.

The first and simplest thing to try is to go to the top menu in MyDVD and select tools, options and put a dot next to software. Did that get rid of the line?

If not try updating the drivers for your video card/chip. Go to your computer manufacturer's web site and see if there are new drivers there.

If not, go to Windows, Start, Run, type in dxdiag, OK. When the window opens, go to the display tab. On the left will be the video card/chip information; on the right will be the drivers version and date. Post that information here and we'll try to find the right one for you

What screen resolution are you using? What font dots per inch (DPI) are you using (Windows setting).

Thank you Steve for your response. My resolution is 1280X1024 The yellow line (vertical) and palm outlines in yellow from the Beach menu is also on the DVD. After checking out if I

could update the video card on the Intel sight or HP sight and not getting anywhere, (intel said it couldn't be used on my computer. I downloaded it and went to install and it said I couldn't. HP didn't have video

update available) I decided to do the simplest thing you suggested. lol It appears the problem has been resolved. Thank you! When I started up My DVD a message did come up that my video card might need to be updated. Kela

Thank you for your reply....

It is the menu on your reply with the palm trees. The yellow line down the middle and "outlines" come and go as it plays.

Kela

Where are you seeing the yellow line? In the preview or in a finished production on a DVD? The preview is a low quality rendition so it is not representative of what you will get on a DVD. If you see the issue on a DVD then ......

OK, that is probably a problem with the video card/chip drivers on your computer and/or a display setting.

The first and simplest thing to try is to go to the top menu in MyDVD and select tools, options and put a dot next to software. Did that get rid of the line?

If not try updating the drivers for your video card/chip. Go to your computer manufacturer's web site and see if there are new drivers there.

If not, go to Windows, Start, Run, type in dxdiag, OK. When the window opens, go to the display tab. On the left will be the video card/chip information; on the right will be the drivers version and date. Post that information here and we'll try to find the right one for you

What screen resolution are you using? What font dots per inch (DPI) are you using (Windows setting).

Thank you Steve for your response. My resolution is 1280X1024 The yellow line (vertical) and palm outlines in yellow from the Beach menu is also on the DVD. After checking out if I

could update the video card on the Intel sight or HP sight and not getting anywhere, (intel said it couldn't be used on my computer. I downloaded it and went to install and it said I couldn't. HP didn't have video

update available) I decided to do the simplest thing you suggested. lol It appears the problem has been resolved. Thank you! When I started up My DVD a message did come up that my video card might need to be updated. Kela

What video card/chip do you have. It appears that that is your bottleneck.

Archived