Can't Copy Onto Discs

glvn60@gmail.com

Question

I just installed EMC 10 with a clean install.

1. I can NOT copy anything from my hard drive directly onto the disc drives. In EMC 9 I used Drag-To-Disc.

If I used classic, on a re-writable disc, it makes it a one-time onlt disc even thought I checked I want to use it again.

2. Since installing EMC 10, I can't find any way of Formatting RW discs.

HELP...WHAT HAVE I DONE AND WHAT CAN I DO.

THANK YOU

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Drag-to-Disc is not included with EMC 10.

Most of the regulars here would not recommend it, and in fact there's one who would scold you most vehemently if she saw you mention it.

However if you really want it you can install the Drag-to-Disc from version 9. That would probably involve a custom install of 9, and then removing everything except Drag-to-Disc. At least this way you won't run into D2D's notorious lack of compatibility between versions.

The recommended way of adding to data discs is to write in sessions with Creator Classic. It writes standard discs which can be read on any PC, without the compatibility problems that packet-written discs have.

post-208-1214431558.jpg

You may have missed it, but there's a "Read-Only disc" box in the Classic Burn Setup box. If you uncheck that, Classic will close the session but leave the disc open for further sessions. When the RW disc gets full and you want to clear it for reuse, you just erase instead of quick formatting.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived