Burning Using Plug And Play

EPlaxman

Question

While burning straight from my DV camera (Sony) to DVD using Plug and Play (Roxio Creator 10 ) the burnings stops about every 30 secs. I pressed the entire capture tape button and still the burning stops. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I know I can burn to my laptop or external hard drive but prefer to go right to DVD.

I am trying to transfer some of my 8mm tapes straight to DVD.

I appreciate your help very much.

Jack

8 answers to this question

I did read in support that maybe my sony video camera is to old and that the entire capture feature might not work wiht my video camera but that seems odd.
No I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have the Sony TRV740 which is about 5 or 6 yr old and it worked fine with V9. I haven't tried it with V10. Plug n Burn just isn't a feature I use.

Most likely there is an issue with your firewire port or the drivers for the firewire. Also make sure the firewire cable is connected 'firmly' at both ends. Don't move or knock the camcorder around during capture. This can cause a connection loss. Try a different cable!!!! Cheap cables have been a serious headache for some users.

Gary has some good ideas!

Before running out to buy a cable, try to capture using Windows Movie Maker. It should pop up as an option when you plug your camcorder into the Firewire.

If that works, then a Clean Install of Roxio is in order – Here

If not, well it is going to get harder to find…

Perhaps you laptop computer is not up to decoding/encoding and burning on the fly. You posted no specs on your computer nor on your video camera so that is just a guess. You are using the IEEE Firewire port, I assume. I also assume that you have successfully captured a video to you computer hard drive before. There might also be a problem if the tap has unrecorded gaps.

I don't know of many that use that Plug and Burn successfully without a pretty high speed desk top.

My laptop is a HP NX1160 and I am using the IEEF Firewire port and burning to a DVD on an external burner. My camera is a 8mm Digital 8 Handycam. When I use plug and play and press entire capture tab to start the burning it stops like after 2-3 minutes and then I press caputre entire tape again and then it stops after about 30 secs. Why wont the tape keep going until it ends. What would make it stop when I press capture entire tape. I am frustrated and would really appreciate some help. I just want to transfer my 8mm tapes to DVD instead of taking them to a store to do it.

Camera Sony DCR-TRV103 NTSC

Thanks Jack

While burning straight from my DV camera (Sony) to DVD using Plug and Play (Roxio Creator 10 ) the burnings stops about every 30 secs. I pressed the entire capture tape button and still the burning stops. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I know I can burn to my laptop or external hard drive but prefer to go right to DVD.

I am trying to transfer some of my 8mm tapes straight to DVD.

I appreciate your help very much.

Jack

Perhaps you laptop computer is not up to decoding/encoding and burning on the fly. You posted no specs on your computer nor on your video camera so that is just a guess. You are using the IEEE Firewire port, I assume. I also assume that you have successfully captured a video to you computer hard drive before. There might also be a problem if the tap has unrecorded gaps.

I don't know of many that use that Plug and Burn successfully without a pretty high speed desk top.

There are several reasons and Steve covered some…

The next step in troubleshooting is to determine if you can capture the full tape to your HD.

Until you try this and report back, nothing more to offer.

Jim,

I did try and burn it to my hard drive and when I did the tape capture lasted for 15 minutes and then did the same thing as before. Stopped every 32 seconds. So I had press the start capture tab over and over unitl it was done. It then set up numerous chapters which I do not want. I am trying to capture an entire 45 minute tape to dvd using plug and play. I am wondering if it is something with my sony video camera or is it something with my computer. Maybe my sony handycam isnt compatible wiht the entire capture feature for Roxio Creator 10. Am I going about this the right way or should I be using another process. I did read in support that maybe my sony video camera is to old and that the entire capture feature might not work wiht my video camera but that seems odd. This should be such an easy ting to do. Burn straight to DVD from a DV camera. Please help....

Jack

Jim,

How do I post the specs to my computer so you can see what system I am using. Is there an easy way to get the info with copy and paste feature...?

Or do I have to go and list them separately and go thru my system and find them.

Archived