• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd8 Menu Bar Missing, Blank, And Generally Fubar

dazed-n-confused

Question

mydvd8, which i have COMPLETELY uninstalled and reinstalled, because the menu bar is missing. Actually, when the program starts, there is only a very small patch in the window that has Preview, 3 icons, and the video tree of Untitled, Intro movie, My Menu. If i minimize and restore the program, MOST of the bits are then visible. This behavior is EXTREMELY REPEATABLE. But the menu bar does not appear under any circumstances. If i open videowave, it DOES have a menu bar, and i can use it to capture video, but almost everything else causes "this program has encountered an error"... This entire suite has become nearly useless.

This machine has been upgraded to an MS-7207 motherboard with Athlon 64 4000+, 2GB ram, and is using the onboard video "nvidia business platform". ALL my other graphics programs are perfectly happy, including xara vector graphics program. i am having to use the ancient Sonic mydvd 2.3 to make discs.

this is the program when first started:

mydvdfubar1.jpg

then after minimize and restore:

mydvdfubar2.jpg

Anyone have any ideas???

1 answer to this question

mydvd8, which i have COMPLETELY uninstalled and reinstalled, because the menu bar is missing. Actually, when the program starts, there is only a very small patch in the window that has Preview, 3 icons, and the video tree of Untitled, Intro movie, My Menu. If i minimize and restore the program, MOST of the bits are then visible. This behavior is EXTREMELY REPEATABLE. But the menu bar does not appear under any circumstances. If i open videowave, it DOES have a menu bar, and i can use it to capture video, but almost everything else causes "this program has encountered an error"... This entire suite has become nearly useless.

This machine has been upgraded to an MS-7207 motherboard with Athlon 64 4000+, 2GB ram, and is using the onboard video "nvidia business platform". ALL my other graphics programs are perfectly happy, including xara vector graphics program. i am having to use the ancient Sonic mydvd 2.3 to make discs.

this is the program when first started:

Anyone have any ideas???

You can try updating to the latest video drivers, and if you still have problems, get a standalone video card.

Archived