Roxio 10 Consumes Huge Amounts Cpu

Don Quixote

Question

Can anyone tell my why Roxio 10 consumes so much of my CPU ? Seems to consume all available CPU, even though it is not running (is installed but not running). Also have "Album.psod" file size of 2GB, which seems excessive... I have un-installed, abd re-installed, made no difference. I obtained file from Roxio download web page. I am running Toshiba Satellite M60A Notebook, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Windows XP SP3. Thanks

2 answers to this question

Can anyone tell my why Roxio 10 consumes so much of my CPU ? Seems to consume all available CPU, even though it is not running (is installed but not running). Also have "Album.psod" file size of 2GB, which seems excessive... I have un-installed, abd re-installed, made no difference. I obtained file from Roxio download web page. I am running Toshiba Satellite M60A Notebook, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Windows XP SP3. Thanks

As to your album.psod file, consider the suggestion of Grandapa Bruce in post 4 in this link

What's probably using up your cycles is Media Manager,which is also what it looks like creates that file.

MM is cataloging all your media files in the folders it's set for.

You can do 2 things.

1)Go to the task bar and right click on the Media Manager icon and then click "Stop watching folders".This should stop it from monotoring folders for new additions.

2)The easiest way to stop the whole thing is to go to msconfig and uncheck RoxWatchTray.exe in the startup tab.This will stop Media Manager at boot and it won't even try to watch folders.

Archived