• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Seperate Files/chapters And Work In Production Editor

Akbob

Question

I captured video from my DV camera. During the process all the breaks in the video showed up as seperate files. When the capture was completed the project closed into one large file. I would like to seperate the large file back into the individual shorts and work with them in the production editor. I am able to seperate the files in the media manager into chapters but can't figure out how to get the individual files into the editor. If possable I would like to orginize the short senes from more than one tape/folder amd piece togather a DVD. Can anyone help

4 answers to this question

I captured video from my DV camera. During the process all the breaks in the video showed up as seperate files. When the capture was completed the project closed into one large file. I would like to seperate the large file back into the individual shorts and work with them in the production editor. I am able to seperate the files in the media manager into chapters but can't figure out how to get the individual files into the editor. If possable I would like to orginize the short senes from more than one tape/folder amd piece togather a DVD. Can anyone help

See if this helps. It is from a later version but it may still work. If not, in Video Wave, when you go to select the video file, look for a little down arrow on the icon, if you click on that, the scenes will show up. There is a third way if neither of the two work. Post back,

Thankx so much for your responce. I'm thinking I'm missing a key element someware along the way. Somehow wave isn't recognizing the smaller files. This is my process. -Open Auto edit/CineMagic. -Add video from Media Manager/mymedia/all video/video tape/mpeg-2. This location in Roxio does indeed show individual scenes/chapters. -I hilite all sceans and they show up in Cinemagic Assistant. -In step 3, choseing to edit in video wave, a window opens "cannot find required files". -The individual scens/files are identified in the lower portion of the window by their location in my folder where the single large file is stored. -It would appear the individual chapters are not recognized as a file by the program.

I'm pretty much lost at this point. -Is there a better way to import and store the video IE: the larger avi files?? -Is there a magic process to get wave to recognize chapter tags in files/folders stored outside the program and edit in wave?? Is the trick to capture from wave screen?? -What does Roxio need to recognize the original sceens/files again after they have been reduced into one large file/movie?? I've got tons of video I'm hopeing to edit and get to DVD. Pleash help....close without a horseshoe or hand granade.

Thankx so much for your responce. I'm thinking I'm missing a key element someware along the way. Somehow wave isn't recognizing the smaller files. This is my process. -Open Auto edit/CineMagic. -Add video from Media Manager/mymedia/all video/video tape/mpeg-2. This location in Roxio does indeed show individual scenes/chapters. -I hilite all sceans and they show up in Cinemagic Assistant. -In step 3, choseing to edit in video wave, a window opens "cannot find required files". -The individual scens/files are identified in the lower portion of the window by their location in my folder where the single large file is stored. -It would appear the individual chapters are not recognized as a file by the program.

I'm pretty much lost at this point. -Is there a better way to import and store the video IE: the larger avi files?? -Is there a magic process to get wave to recognize chapter tags in files/folders stored outside the program and edit in wave?? Is the trick to capture from wave screen?? -What does Roxio need to recognize the original sceens/files again after they have been reduced into one large file/movie?? I've got tons of video I'm hopeing to edit and get to DVD. Pleash help....close without a horseshoe or hand granade.

Start your project over in VideoWave. Forget about CineMagic. It is flawed.

Sknis, buddy, you are the man. It took me a Minuit to figure out there was a link. The answer was covered throughly. I wrote my first reply before seeing the link so disreguard the file/folder stuff. This should work. My bad. Thank you for your time and effort straightening out us dweebs. Now its back to work work work........Its good to be king!

Archived