• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
gshultz

Videowave-sound Plays But No Video

Question

I have been using Roxio 10/VideoWave successfully for a while to edit *.wmv files. Now I have received a new computer and loaded the latest Roxio 10 package. When I try to edit video in *.wmv format, the sound plays fine but the video does not show up in the editing screen. In addition, I have the same problem when I try to watch a *.wmv file in CinePlayer.

I suspect the problem might be a codex, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Edited by gshultz

4 answers to this question

The first thing to do is update the drivers for your video card. Then try again and let us know if the problem persists.

The most current available drivers for the NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS are install, and the problem persists.

=Gary

what's the date of the driver? Can you play the wmv files with Windows Media Player on your new computer?

I have been using Roxio 10/VideoWave successfully for a while to edit *.wmv files. Now I have received a new computer and loaded the latest Roxio 10 package. When I try to edit video in *.wmv format, the sound plays fine but the video does not show up in the editing screen. In addition, I have the same problem when I try to watch a *.wmv file in CinePlayer.

I suspect the problem might be a codex, but I am not sure.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Download and run gspot on one of those files; it will tell you if you have the right codec. You probably do so that is eliminated.

It could be a problem with the video acceleration or video card setting. What do you have?

What is the source of the wmv files?