• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MRink

Toast 9 Blu-ray: Awesome, But...

Question

Hello,

First, I love the Blu-Ray on standard DVD-R media feature. The encoding is outstanding, and in a few short projects this has paid for itself by saving expensive Blu-Ray media for longer projects. Thanks to everyone at Roxio that made this feature possible.

I do have one odd little problem. I'm using FCS2, burning 1080i/60 on a DVD-R, no menu, looping disc, on a Sony 300 Blu-Ray player. When I put this disc in, it will play the program through, loop to chapter two and play the last half of the disc, then back to the start, then to chapter two, and so on...

I've looked for every possible toggle that might cause this, and I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mike

16 answers to this question

This is the 2nd report I have heard of this symptom, but I have not personally had this problem. Specifically which options have you changed so far?

There aren't many options to change. No Menu, Auto Play on, Play All Items Continuously is checked. Encoding is set to Automatic at best quality. Video setting in Preferences is NTSC (not technically correct, but there is no HDTV option).

I did find that chapter creation was set to automatic... I'm going to try making a loop without chapters and see if that will work for my current project.

I had chapter creation set to "automatic" -- so I'm making one now that has the chapters shut off. Fingers crossed.

I had chapter creation set to "automatic" -- so I'm making one now that has the chapters shut off. Fingers crossed.

I have the same issue. I put together a 50 minute loop together. I made one quicktime file, because when i would put multiple files, it would jump all over the place. It is best to make a single video file. Anyway, when the disc reaches the end, it will skip 5 minutes into the video, or chapter 2. I tried setting to no chapters, but it keeps being reset to automatic. It will not stay on no chapters.

Me too, I'm having this exact issue. Trying to make a 6 minute video for a kiosk type installation that just loops. Sure enough, it loops and starts playing a couple minutes in, instead of at the start. I'm using the same settings as MRink. Hope they can sort this out asap, I'm not loving having to use Windows software to do a Mac's job.

Guest ivanatrox

We were able to duplicate the issue and a bug has been submitted.

Ivan

For the record... me too!

Now my current problem. Is there any way to manually set the chapter markers? If not, is there some way to trick the 'Automatic Chapter Markers' function into putting them where you want (need) them?

I have a similar problem. I am using LaCie Blu-ray burner. Set to auto-play, play all items continuously, and automatic encoding, it would play once through, jump to somewhere in the middle, then when it gets to the end it will loop from the beginning again.

We were able to duplicate the issue and a bug has been submitted. - Ivan

Hi - It's been over two months since this was reported here -

Any possibility there's a fix? I am burning in 9.02, and this is STILL an issue!

Hi - It's been over two months since this was reported here -

Any possibility there's a fix? I am burning in 9.02, and this is STILL an issue!

Hi, I have had exactly the same looping issue. Tried update to 9.05, which seems to have fixed the problem. But, still there's a jump from end to start, I don't know how to fix that yet.

Edited by Tind