• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recordnow Initialization Error

m.gambalie

Question

When starting RecordNow, I get:

An error occured while trying to initialize RecordNow!. Please re-start your computer. If the problem persists, please re-install RecordNow.

I have tried restarting, re-installing, un-installing then re-installing from original media... problem persists.

Any suggestions?

mg

3 answers to this question

Interesting...

You are correct about vintage-- 6.7 -- and IE7 (but still sp2)

Most interesting, this combination works fine on my desktop, this error is on my notebook; only difference is notebook is XPpro and Desktop is XPhome, but both at sp2 and IE7.

mg

I would suspect it has more to do with the sequence in which things went on, including what other programs might be involved.

At any rate, the clean install instructions might solve it be removing the left-overs from uninstall so you can start from scratch.

Lynn

One possibility is that you have downloaded (or allowed auto-update to download) IE 7 or WinPlayer 11. They do interfere with EMC products of similar age (you didn't say which Version; I'm assuming RecordNow 7 or similar). The only way to solve it IF that is the problem is by rolling back IE 7 and WinPlayer 11 (If you have added SP3 over IE 7, you can't roll back to IE 6, and need to get newer software). Links to the Microsoft Knowledgebase articles on how to roll them back are in this post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

Another possibility is the installation has become corrupt, and needs a clean uninstall before reinstallation - details here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/WinOnCD/000...R?set-locale=en

Lynn

Archived