No Sound Just Picture On Commercial New Dvd Playback

bmajor98

Question

easy media creator 9 came with my new computer. it plays cds fine. it plays dvds with picture only, no sound. computer tech people are dumbfounded. I don't want to send the thing back. any help would be apprecieated. again, this is not concerning burned dvds. this is a brand new dvd movie that plays fine in another player but only plays the picture on my computer. other dvds play exactly the same way. no sound just picture.

3 answers to this question

easy media creator 9 came with my new computer. it plays cds fine. it plays dvds with picture only, no sound. computer tech people are dumbfounded. I don't want to send the thing back. any help would be apprecieated. again, this is not concerning burned dvds. this is a brand new dvd movie that plays fine in another player but only plays the picture on my computer. other dvds play exactly the same way. no sound just picture.

What software are you using to play the dvd? Give VLC Media Player a try and see what happens.

What software are you using to play the dvd? Give VLC Media Player a try and see what happens.

I was trying to play it on Windows Media player. It's supposed to work there. There was no other player that came with this new computer. I did download the VLC. It works! I'd still like to know why WMP is not able to play sound though. This computer is brand new and their tech people can't figure anything else to fix it except to format the hardrive and start over. I'm not going to that. I have too much installed on it to start re-installing it all again. If you have any suggestions why the roxio doesn't work I'd appreciate it. Otherwise thanks for the advice. I can now play Dvd's and hear them.

Archived