• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jwylie

Music Timing

Question

Ok, I expect there is no way to change this but if there is a workaround I would love to hear about it. When I add music to my slideshow, I click on the first photo and select play from this photo until next setting (or from this photo and whatever), but the music does not start from that photo, it starts from the intro credits. Any way to delay the start of the music?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have tried starting the music on the second photo instead of the first. That takes the music out the intro credits, but leaves a big pause on the first photo with no music. I then set the first photo to only display for 0.3 seconds so the music can start on the second photo but on the eye candy setting I am using that looks a bit clumsy. That may be the best i can do unless someone else has a suggestion. A music timeline would be nice...

DOUBLE EDIT: Fixed it, so I will share in case this helps anyone else. I made the first photo after the credits a black 1024x768 slide with no effects, no background, no music. Set it to 0.3 seconds as above, and started the music on the second photo with effects and transitions applied. So, after the credits rolled, there was a brief black moment, and then the fun starts, with music and effects, on the second photo (which is really the first). Phew!

Sorry for the ramblings...

Edited by jwylie

1 answer to this question

Ok, I expect there is no way to change this but if there is a workaround I would love to hear about it. When I add music to my slideshow, I click on the first photo and select play from this photo until next setting (or from this photo and whatever), but the music does not start from that photo, it starts from the intro credits. Any way to delay the start of the music?

Thanks.

EDIT: I have tried starting the music on the second photo instead of the first. That takes the music out the intro credits, but leaves a big pause on the first photo with no music. I then set the first photo to only display for 0.3 seconds so the music can start on the second photo but on the eye candy setting I am using that looks a bit clumsy. That may be the best i can do unless someone else has a suggestion. A music timeline would be nice...

DOUBLE EDIT: Fixed it, so I will share in case this helps anyone else. I made the first photo after the credits a black 1024x768 slide with no effects, no background, no music. Set it to 0.3 seconds as above, and started the music on the second photo with effects and transitions applied. So, after the credits rolled, there was a brief black moment, and then the fun starts, with music and effects, on the second photo (which is really the first). Phew!

Sorry for the ramblings...

Wow, thanks for the detailed message!

You are correct. PhotoShow does not have advanced audio editing features. It will assign the music to play through the credits as you described.

I like your work around. I have seen many Shows like this and they work well. Some people even add extra titles to the black slide (in professional video this would be called a Title Card).

If anyone else want to try this, you can make a black image in MS Paint or any photo-editing software. Jwylie seems to have set the resolution to be equal to a common monitor resolution. However the Shows maximum resolution will be 720X480 online and on DVD. Your show will play more smoothly if you keep the resolution and file size to a minimum. Some photo editing packages come with a pre-set video title document. It may be called SD or DV NTSC with the resolution I stated above.