• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Save And Burn Project

Ijar

Question

4 answers to this question

That's ok..cool, no panic.. :)

I've just found out that it is possible..

Thanks anyway for advice and reply.

I usually save as .dmsd to work on at a later time anyway

and then burn to disc as .iso as well.

I've just finished adding to dmsd and burning, one that has been shelved for a while.

Thanks again guys..much appreciated.

:)

I was corrected recently. Apparently if you check both burn to disc and ISO file, the ISO is made first and then after it is complete, that ISO is then copied to a disc.

But why? :o:unsure:

You really not saving much time since copying the ISO file is just a straight copy at whatever speed that you copy as. Let's see, one hour at 16X speed is about 4 minutes (time to copy and close and some handling).

Time to re-encode the project if there is a screw up -- well that depends on your computer. Probably 30 minutes or more if you are doing a video that needs to be re-encoded. That doesn't include the time to discover that there was a screw up in the burn.

Most people have problems when their computer is doing two things at once (encode and burn) and you want to have it do three things (encode, create/save and write a file to a hard drive and also burn to a disc). (There is probably some redundancy there)

My time is too valuable to take the chance. Also I don't do frustratrion very well.

That's ok..cool, no panic.. :)

I've just found out that it is possible..

Thanks anyway for advice and reply.

I usually save as .dmsd to work on at a later time anyway

and then burn to disc as .iso as well.

I've just finished adding to dmsd and burning, one that has been shelved for a while.

Thanks again guys..much appreciated.

:)

Archived