• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Spin Doctor Doesn't Save Identified Tracks Or Their Titles

adrinux

Question

Having updated to the very latest version of CD Spin Doctor I now have a problem. It no longer saves identified tracks or any of the meta information added. Any work done to tweak track start/stop times or adding track info is simply doesn't re-appear if the file is saved and then re-opened.

My workaround is simply to do the track identification, naming etc and then immediately 'save active tracks'. But it would be nice to be able to save half way though like you used to be able too.

PowerPC G4/933 with OSX Leopard 10.5.3 and Toast Titanium 9.02.

Anyone else seeing this?

11 answers to this question

What are you using to connect the audio to your Mac for capture? Check that Audio Midi Setup in the Utilities folder is set to the same input source as is Spin Doctor. Do you have the same issue when you try to open an AIFF file in Spin Doctor that was not captured by Spin Doctor?

An iMic FWIW, and Audio Midi Setup is setup just fine, not that I can see why they would cause this problem :)

I've submitted a ticket to tech support, we'll see what they say.

Having updated to the very latest version of CD Spin Doctor I now have a problem. It no longer saves identified tracks or any of the meta information added. Any work done to tweak track start/stop times or adding track info is simply doesn't re-appear if the file is saved and then re-opened.

Anyone else seeing this?

I am having the same problem. The ONLY time it saved a copy and with the tracks and with their titles, was when I used from the pull down menu "Save a copy as ..." . If I use the "Save ..." or "Save as ..." it didn't save anything at all. This happened only ONE time, though.

Now I am having MAJOR problems: the entire program (software) seems to get corrupted and when I save a file, not only takes forever to do it but when it finally does it it gives back a "flatliner" file. The graphic representation of the file is just a horizontal line. Uninstalling and reinstalling the program seems to solve this problem, at lest temporary but it is a pain in the but solution. Any better ideas, please?

Also, at times during recording I am getting some distortion that can be heard through the speakers and gets into the recording. Any idea what may be causing this? Anybody?

Has an update for SpinDoctor been issued or at least any supporting info?

No answer from tech support. Looks like they fell asleep at the wheel.

That's entirely different from my problem. I can save AIFF files just fine. I can 'save active tracks' after typing in track titles.

What I can't do anymore is save an entire recording with track titles. Though I think altered track start and stop times are saved.

Don't seem to be able to tab through the tracks either when entering track titles.

At least someone to suffer with me :(

Both on PowerPC machines - maybe that's a starting point.

Did you contact tech support grafico55?

They never replied to me, even after 3 months :(

That was my first thought too. But it made no difference.

I wish I knew what was causing this but I don't. I'm not having this issue. Try saving the entire captured file without any tracks to a different location. Then open that file in Spin Doctor. Now will it keep your marking info.

Alternatively you might consider creating a new user account and see if the problem persists when running Spin Doctor in that account.

My workaround is simply to do the track identification, naming etc and then immediately 'save active tracks'. But it would be nice to be able to save half way though like you used to be able too.

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm having the same problem. I have a G5 iMac running OSX 10.5.5 and Toast 9.02.

Try saving the entire captured file without any tracks to a different location.

I don't have any choice but to save it without tracks :)

Then open that file in Spin Doctor. Now will it keep your marking info.

I tried a different folder and even a different drive (in the same machine). Makes no difference.

The saves are suspiciously fast, maybe the data just isn't being saved.

Also tried the 'reset' button for the prefs, in the prefs, with no joy. And tried saving with a different file name. Still nothing is retained.

Console shows an error when I open up the file:

29/06/2008 14:53:51 [0x0-0x32032].com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor[1337] CD Spin Doctor(1337,0xa0b3b074) malloc: *** error for object 0xbfffdf68: Non-aligned pointer being freed

29/06/2008 14:53:51 [0x0-0x32032].com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor[1337] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

But no errors on saving.

What are you using to connect the audio to your Mac for capture? Check that Audio Midi Setup in the Utilities folder is set to the same input source as is Spin Doctor. Do you have the same issue when you try to open an AIFF file in Spin Doctor that was not captured by Spin Doctor?

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm having a similar problem that I haven't had with previous versions of Spin Doctor. I'm using Version 5.0.1.617t, which was bundled with Toast 9.0.2. (MacPro, OS 10.5.5

When I create tracks and save them, an AIFF file gets created for each track, but every file is 516KB and I can't open any of them with any application that usually can open AIFF files. When I try to import them to iTunes (by drag and drop or by using Spin Doctor's built in iTunes link), nothing happens. When I try to open them with QuickTime Pro, I get an error message "The movie could no be opened. The end of the file was reached.)

I'm having a similar problem that I haven't had with previous versions of Spin Doctor. I'm using Version 5.0.1.617t, which was bundled with Toast 9.0.2. (MacPro, OS 10.5.5

When I create tracks and save them, an AIFF file gets created for each track, but every file is 516KB and I can't open any of them with any application that usually can open AIFF files. When I try to import them to iTunes (by drag and drop or by using Spin Doctor's built in iTunes link), nothing happens. When I try to open them with QuickTime Pro, I get an error message "The movie could no be opened. The end of the file was reached.)

That's entirely different from my problem. I can save AIFF files just fine. I can 'save active tracks' after typing in track titles.

What I can't do anymore is save an entire recording with track titles. Though I think altered track start and stop times are saved.

Don't seem to be able to tab through the tracks either when entering track titles.

I'm having the same problem. I have a G5 iMac running OSX 10.5.5 and Toast 9.02.

At least someone to suffer with me :(

Both on PowerPC machines - maybe that's a starting point.

Did you contact tech support grafico55?

They never replied to me, even after 3 months :(

Archived