• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Midi Sequence Files

Longshanks

Question

Hi

First post so please accept ignorance on some basic issues. Have tried knowledge base but can't find a ref to this prob.

Am simply using EMC9 to produce a slideshow with photos and background music prior to burning to CD (maybe DVD).

Can locate and select photos with ease but have a prob with audio files. The ones I have on my hard drive are midi sequence files recently downloaded from the internet. Although they play in Windows Media player they are not recognised by Roxio.

Is this right? Can I use some sort of prog to convert to WAV/MP3 etc or should I have sought out these files in the first instance? Its a weird but these are just brief audio files from Disney movies and all the sites seem to be using this format.

Also confuses that Windows Media Player accepts but they are not recognised by Roxio.

Would be grateful for any advice as the project is for 5 year old son and he aint noted for his patience!

Many thanks

Longshanks

PS OS is Vista Home Premium 64

15 answers to this question

Use latest version of IE (not sure what that is).

My question was about the software not the process of downloading it.

Thanks

Longshanks

By the way have tried it and it will not convert these midi files to an appropriate format.

Google is your friend. :rolleyes:Here are some results.

If you go to Cnet.com downloads you'll find these.

IE is Internet Explorer !

Hi

Many thanks.

Believe it or not the DVD with the slideshow worked on the DVD Player but doesn't get past the menu on the PC! Could it be a prob with Windows Media Player?

Burnt another slideshow and that works fine on the DVD player but not the PC. Quite bizarre really!

While I'm on can I ask another novice question. When you create a project using the slideshow assistant it doesn't seem to be there when you subsequently go into the programme and try the file/open routine. The project file is there when you go in Documents when your'e in explorer but Roxio doesn't see it at that stage. Wots even more confusing is that when you go the the trouble of creating another project and then try to save then the missing project file is there!!

Hope this makes sense.

Good hunting and thanks for you help.

L

PS OS is Vista Home Premium 64.

More than likely the root of your problems.

Hi

Do we not seem to be going off on a small tangent in talking about browsers.

I have downloaded the switch programme and succesfully converted these midi sequence files to wav which is thankfully recognised by EMC 9.

Will endeavour to burn slideshow to DVD

Thanks

L

Hi

Do we not seem to be going off on a small tangent in talking about browsers.

I have downloaded the switch programme and succesfully converted these midi sequence files to wav which is thankfully recognised by EMC 9.

Will endeavour to burn slideshow to DVD

Thanks

L

How the hell are are we supposed to know that. In post #5 you said it didn't work!!!!!

Were just trying to help you.

The DVD problem sounds more like faulty media. It pays to use quality media like Verbatim. If the DVD is playable on your PC, it is fine.

Redo your project in VideoWave and see what happens. As this is a test, just rough it in and use some RW media to burn.

Hi

Many thanks.

Believe it or not the DVD with the slideshow worked on the DVD Player but doesn't get past the menu on the PC! Could it be a prob with Windows Media Player?

Burnt another slideshow and that works fine on the DVD player but not the PC. Quite bizarre really!

While I'm on can I ask another novice question. When you create a project using the slideshow assistant it doesn't seem to be there when you subsequently go into the programme and try the file/open routine. The project file is there when you go in Documents when your'e in explorer but Roxio doesn't see it at that stage. Wots even more confusing is that when you go the the trouble of creating another project and then try to save then the missing project file is there!!

Hope this makes sense.

L

Hi

Sorry I don't seem to have made a very good start. However, first impressions are often misleading and I am very grateful for your help. Much of this is my fault in not being crystal clear.

• I was surprised that Roxio did not recognise midi sequence files when they are so prevalent on the internet
  • I did have some problems getting switch to convert the files to wav but managed to overcome this
  • Although I am new to Roxio I am not a novice in relation to DVD rendering burning (been using Ulead for about 10 years). However, I am new to burning slideshows onto CD/DVD
  • I bought my PC in Feb which came installed with Vista Home Premium. In relation to IE I was simply saying that I wasn't sure of the version I had

Moving on, my slideshow consisted of 250plus photos and about 25 mins of audio (11 wav files of Disney tracks). I used the slideshow assistant created a menu background and burnt. However, when I play the DVD it just hangs on the menu.

Does this sound like something I've done or is it a glitch with the prog? (Assumed EMC 9 was compatible with Vista as it came with the PC)

Many thanks again and promise to be clearer.

Longshanks

Hi

Many thanks.

Hope this makes sense.

L

Try the suggestions in post #11.

Have Videowave and will try it as suggested.

Just trying to figure out if there was a reason for the project not being seen by Roxio when you start the prog and select file/open etc.

I am happy that it plays on the DVD player which was my main concern. I guess you need a PHD in CD rendering and burning to know why it won't run on my state of the art PC.

Thanks

L

Archived